O/T $$$ & TCS Don't Make Up For Common Sense - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Location: Milwaukee(which is algonquin for the good land)WI U.S.A

O/T $$$ & TCS Don\'t Make Up For Common Sense

It's snowing here in beautiful Wisconsin should be about five inches when all is said and done...a dusting by Wisconsin standards. So me and my buddy drove about 20 miles away to go and shoot the bow. On our way home in a RWD Vehicle a Mercedes Benz Sport Activity Vehicle spins out in front of me and ends up on the shoulder against the wall, I pull over to make sure everything is ok. Fortunatley everyone was fine and there was minimal damage to there. The driver and his wife I assume were upset not that they spun out, not that there vehicle was damaged, not that they could have killed how many people driving like an [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] but instead stated to me that they were going to sue Mercedez Benz because the Tracton Control System and the 4WD system did not stop them from losing control of their vehicle and did not feel they should be responsible for the cost of the repair. To which I laughed until I relized that they were serious, I couldn't believe it! I hope not everyone I meet with disposable income is this stupid(I know this will not offend anyone here because none of us have disposable income we just have Jeep money). I had to walk away or felt I may take off my belt and give them the whuppin' that their parents never did and attempt to knock some sense into these to morons. So please remeber slow down 4WD will get you going but it doesn't stop you any faster and for (place religious figures name here) sake turn your lights on.
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: O/T $$$ & TCS Don\'t Make Up For Common Sense

Did they have a California License plate?

The idiots that go up to the mountains are always doing that, the "what? 4WD, AWD or chains should allow me to stop..." gets really old.

BTW: Even though a few freinds have 'sadies, I hate all 'sadies drivers.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] WOW!...I'm a PROPHET!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yeterday evening while we were watching some show on TV, Jeepchick and I saw an ad for a yuppie SUV that had some kind of "brainy" road-adapting system that enabled it to negotiate curves better, blah, blah, and so forth. I remarked to Jeepchick...and I QUOTE: "That's a bad idea because it will just make the drivers of those vehicles ASSUME that the vehicle can fix any errors in judgement that the driver might make." I REST MY CASE! Leave it to a yuppie MB driver to blame the factoree for his lack of driving skill. MB had better brace themselves for a snowslide of lawsuits just like the one the idiots from Wisconsin are planning. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I put this TCS lawsuit in the same category as the driver of a motor home who put the coach on cruise control and went back to make himself a cup of coffee. Of course the coach crashed; of course he sued. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]....HEY!!!! I just happened to think of this.....!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] YOU should contact MB and offer your services as an "expert" witness. You know about FWD vehicles, you drove in the same conditions that the plaintiffs did, and best of all, you're affordable. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

[ QUOTE ]
and best of all, you're affordable

[/ QUOTE ]
If MB would contact me regarding this matter I don't know if I would still be affordable although that is purely a relitive term.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 05:46 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

[ QUOTE ]

Did they have a California License plate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Great one Scott.....If not, then they must have been from the upper East coast....and with out a doubt are Demobrats.....

Actually, the defense for this is pretty easy...MB just has to say that they drove the vehicle outside it's operating envelope....in either case, it's just another example of DB (Displaced Blame)....their stupidity is someone else's fault (yea, like their parents).....I better not get started....

One of the biggest problems I see in the US is that it's toooo easy to get a drivers license.....people think it's a right...not a privilege.

It really pisses me off that they say I have to go through some 4 hour course on how to push the buttons on a new breath machine that is so simple to use that even a lawyer can use it...but yet, that overpaid lawyer does not have to take any driving lessens when he buys that new yupi SUV that has more power than he has brain cells........

Ok...I said I wouldn't get started......time to have another beer....it's afternoon and I'm not driving anywhere.....breath in...breath out....

Oh, did I mention that California has about 75,000 sworn peace officers, but about 135,000 BAR certified attornys?.....so, who ya gonna call when you need help.....
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

I drive truck for a living and you make an excellent point I have driven across the country and I have noticed in my travels that the majority of bad drivers on the road, the [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] that are willing to risk their life and the lives of there passengers by cutting off an 80,000lbs vehicle traveling at 60-70 mph while placarded with flammable material and then slam on there brakes, I would bet 70%or better have a Kerry Edwards, or Jim Doyle(our local Demobrat Govenor who has sold our state away and is currently under federal investigation)bumper sticker on the back and yet I question why Govoner Doyle vetos a concealed carry law maybe he's protecting his voters.
John
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Keyboard Implanted

John, Just re-reading through the post, and realized something. Did they thank you for stopping and making sure they were alright? Was that the first thing in their minds or was it a lawsuit?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Way Outta Control

... and I remember when MB was a Jeep... now it's something completely different. The world's turned upside down. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 07:32 AM
Keyboard Implanted

5-6 years ago we had a snow storm blow thru NC. I was driving from Winston to Charlotte, about 70 miles. I was cruising I-40 West bound, and the bridges were pretty slick. A Wrangler came blowing by me at about 50-60 mph. He crosses the upcoming over pass and all I see is Head light, Tail lights, Head lights, Tail lights and a big poof of snow from the median. I slow down and they are alright, so I keep going. I got about 5 miles up the road..... That same Wrangler goes blowing by me again.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The last five years that we lived in Kalifornika, we were at 4500 Ft elevation in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Of course there was no level ground, and when the first snow fell, BY EIGHT AM there were numerous first-year SUVs stuffed in the nearest downhill snowbank. It was as if they were sitting somewhere all night with the engine running just WAITING for daybreak and a chance to go get in trouble. After all....this is AN SUV!!!! We have NO IDEA how it works or how to drive it, but this is AN SUV!! Our ZJ with the 242 transfer case would drive by ANY FWD that there was; especially the Nipponeze fake 4 x 4s and the SU-Vees with the "yuppie button" on the dash that doesn't actually connect FWD about half the time. We just veered over a bit and tried not to snag the end of their bumper as we went by. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode