2007 Badlands Bash May 17-20, decsions, decsions.. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

2007 Badlands Bash May 17-20, decsions, decsions..

Ok it’s been a long time coming, and we’ve started to get the ball rolling. Some things have been decided, some are up in there air.

Here are the details we know

What: SWB BBS 2007 badlands bash
When: Thursday May 17th- Sunday May 20th
Where: Wheeling is at the badlands off road park, Attica IN, camping is tentatively at Steam Corner Camp Ground in Veedersberg IN, we’ll know for sure when we get in touch with them
Who: Any one that’s brave enough to come, stock to extreme rigs will have a blast at the badlands, don’t be afraid most of us don’t bite
Who’s “organizing” it: Yours truly with “support” from Jim Lou

Now the decision is should it be a simple “grassroots” bash or a much more organized event?

The Grassroots bash should be much easier to plan. There would be no reservations, no t-shirts, no dash plaques, no major head aches. We are thinking still have awards, get some sponsors, have a raffle with the money saved from last year, tickets would be the same prices as last year and the ticket money will go to the 2008 bash. This is the easiest way to plan it, a lot fewer people involved in the planning, a lot fewer headaches. Either way camping will be covered by you, I think it’s $7 a person per night, renting the camp ground is a huge gamble.

The more organized bash would involve reservations, t-shirts, dash plaques, awards, some more raffle prizes, lots of head aches and help from many board members.

Either way it will be a good time with a potluck and awards under the circus tent Saturday night, lots of drinking barely pops, and a raffle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: 2007 Badlands Bash May 17-20, decsions, decsio

i voted for organized....mostly cuz i want a T-shirt again [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i voted for organized....mostly cuz i want a T-shirt again

[/ QUOTE ]

You want a T-shirt? I'll bring you a T-shirt!

Oh, you want a new onw commemorating the 2007 Bash? Do the design, get prices and deadline dates, and then let Andy and me know what you've found. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Sweet pea, crazy eddy, upalittle, bucky, and dirt dog you have pm's. I'm hoping we can have everything "together" by the end of January. If we do an "organized" bash we are going to need lots of help. Once I get some responses to the PM's are some more replies to the poll I'll post up what we need help with.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Can't Get Enough

I voted for bare-bones.
I know what a PITA it is for those coordinating the thing.
It's easy for others to vote full-blown event when they aren't the ones doing the grunt work.
But, if all out Bash is the way it goes, we can do shirts/plaques again.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Old Hand

Hey guys,
Robyn is all up for making '07 Bash mugs. I'll let her get on here later with more details. She is curious about what kind of designs everyone is interested in and if people would like their mugs personalized with their ShortWheelbase names and such.

On another note. I voted grass roots. I enjoy the Bash for the simpler things, you know, wheelin' all day then going back to camp and getting drunk with your buddies. I say if people want things such as T-shirts and whatever, step up and do it. Hell, I'll bring the custom made '07 Bash coffee mugs and plenty of pork sausage for breakfast. Other than that I can't committ to much since I can't promise I'll be there for sure, just have to see how spring planting goes. If it doesn't work out I will come up for at least one nite though and deliver mugs. So I say the more complicated people want it, the more people need to get involved so Andy and JimLou don't get overwhelmed. Just my 2 cents.
Aaron.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Andy and JimLou don't get overwhelmed. Just my 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, that's worth a nickel to me! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And I'd love a mug with a silver Jeep and Jim Lou on it!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Aprentice

I've had a great time at every bash I've been too (from barely organized to highly organized). I voted for back to basics so everyone has a chance to relax and enjoy getting together.

:All Good:

Mark
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Old Hand

Re: 2007 Badlands Bash May 17-20, decsions, decsions..

I voted for "grass roots". Like everyone else said, I like the camaraderie. Additionally, I know that I work too much to contribute in a meaningful way to a well organized bash -- feelings of quilt.

Either way, I will be happy. For those that want T-Shirts, I will be happy to bring my old, pit stained, undershirts and a collection of colorful sharpies for that "custom" look...

-- Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode