Anyone need a shop heater? Lowes 50% off. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

Anyone need a shop heater? Lowes 50% off.

All heaters at Lowes are all on sale most 50% off. Someone mentioned on Pirate that a paticular kerosene heater was $60.xx down from $13x.xx so I check the site and my heater I bought Dec. 5 for $99.00 is $49.xx. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

So I packed it up expecting to return it and pocket $50 but instead I upgraded from a 30k propane torpedo to a 30-55k propane torpedo and pocketed only $10. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So for all you cold cheap bastards it's time to go Lowes and catch a deal. I can't believe their cutting prices this early but hey I'm happy with a nice upgrade of my crappy little heater to a better built model.

They have big kerosene models, small propane tank top models, lots of small to large electric, and several propane torpedo style. Here's a few prices

1 burner propane tank top $19.xx
2 burner propane tank top $4x.xx
30 k propane torpedo $49.xx
30-55k propane torpedo $89.xx
85-125k propane torpedo $114.xx

Didn't really remember any other prices but they had some big kerosene ones with digital displays for under $200 but that's not for me. Btw, I had to go to differnet store to get my model because the close store only had the floor model. I'm cheap but I like new when I can get it.

Btter hurry because I don't think the stock will last long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Anyone need a shop heater? Lowes 50% off.

Didn't find anything on the web. Are you talking about a local AD? It is colder then a WTOBR out here lately.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

No ad. Just in the stores. Although, I looked up my returned heater and put in a zip code and it showed 1/2 off. Alot of the heaters in my local stores I couldn't find on the site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Keyboard Implanted

so whats better....kerosene or propane?

theres only one place in town i know of that has kerosene at the pump...propane is much easier to buy

pros cons?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 10:32 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

IMO propane has much less smell to it when it burns. For what it's worth, I purchased a ventless wall mount model that I runoff a 100# tank a couple of years ago. I LOVE IT!!! I only get elevated CO2 numbers of I run it really hard for too long to get up to temp. Otherwise it warms my oversized two car nicely and today for instance; overnight low of -10, high of 8, garage at 67 on low setting. The propane does have some smell. I don;t notice it working in it, but you can telol when you leave the room and re-enter. I usually light a candle in the kitchen (garage access), and the wife doesn't notice it hardly at all. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

I like propane just because I have two tanks already. I hear kerosene is good but propane is more convient for me.

I used my new heater tonight tryin to fit a Caddy air bonnet on my mc2100 and the garage was pretty warm considering I was wearing shorts and it's 20 degrees outside. My new heater kicks a$$ and I'm glad I stumpled on this info before the stock was gone or I was past the 90 day return period.

I got the 30-55k btu torpedo and it's great. My previous 30k torpeo worked pretty good for the 3 weeks I used it and I had no complaints. It is built a little cheaper and not as nice but their current price of $49.97 is a steal especially if you have no heater. But, my new one is definately a step up with better feautures, nicer gas hose, smaller size and more output.

I still can't believe Lowes is cutting prices this early. I almost bought the exact heater I have now but was too cheap to drop $179.xx on it and cheaped out with the 30k torpedo for $99. I am happy. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

BTW, I was in Lowes tonight checking out pvc pipe for an air cleaner setup and they still had lots of heaters in stock.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 04:09 AM
Way Outta Control

The closest Lowes here is about 75 miles away - in Palm Desert (next to Palm Springs.)
The girl there said they were completely "sold out."

A friend went to Wally World - he couldn't find the long underwear. He was told they'd sent them all back 2 weeks ago - "Winter was over!"

He wanted some 'cause it was 2 degrees last night.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Veteran

depends on what you are going to use it for. i have a propane torpedo and a kerosene torpedo heater and i prefer the kerosene for most things. (granted the kerosene is bigger) you can stop and top off the tank on the kerosene heater anytime, but the propane you have to have multiple tanks and have to run them dry the places at home charge per full tank, regardless how much they put in.

i agree the propane does burn cleaner, but still not clean enough to run in a house.

thanks
shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode