OT - Factory Radio for Plymouth Minivan - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 11:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

OT - Factory Radio for Plymouth Minivan

The guys on this board know everything else, so I figure you will know this as well....

The 99 Plymouth Grand Voyager we bought is totally loaded....except that it has AM/FM/Tape for sound....We haven't had a tape in this house for years....

I'm not really excited about installing an aftermarket stereo.....nothing shouts louder "Steal ME" than the aftermarket stereo in the dash.....hence, I prefer to install a factory AM/FM/CD stereo....looks better and is less likely to get riped off....we only plan to keep the minivan a couple of years so no need to spend a lot of money on it that I really won't get back.

In the quick look I had on Ebay, it appears thta there are a lot of factory radios with the features I want that will fit....Who knows what years and modles were compatible with the 99 Plymouth?

I'm also thinking of going to a couple of car stereo shops to see if they have one laying around....from some car that the owener 'upgraded'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Way Outta Control

Re: OT - Factory Radio for Plymouth Minivan *DELETED*

Post deleted by LEVE
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: OT - Factory Radio for Plymouth Minivan

HHHey ddog, If you know a few models that will fit it and what you want let me know what you are looking for. It might take some time, but I move as many as 30 cars a week to the scrap yard. Plymouth and dodges probably make up at least 1/4 of them. If I can find what you want I will send it to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 08:53 AM

If you don't find out what you need to know PM me next week when I'm back to work. Then I can get a complete interchange and get back with you. Or even better if you have the radio out, take a pic of the front (so I can see the mounting arrangement) and I can go farther. But to make a long story short as long as the mounts and plugs are correct it will fit and work. I just can't remember when they changed.(somewhere 99-01) I do know if it was a 98 then an 82 k-car would even fit right in. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] So Chry was pretty flexible.

A pic would be best.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 11:29 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I've got one but the CD unit needs minor repair- reads "CD Error", common problem when I worked for Chrysler. It's a switch that needs replacement. You can have it for free, if you want. Just pay postage. I recently hooked it up in a Ram P/U to make sure it worked. Let me know. I can post up a pic this weekend.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 04:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

This EBay Link looks exactly like the one in our Grand Voyager.

Best I can tell, the connectors started to change around 2001, hence, anything before that might work.

There also seems to be two versions...one that is AN/FM/CD and AN/FM/Cass/CD. The last combo has the CD as a separate unit below the main head.

I just need to give the wife a simple CD player that will keep her (and my wallet) happy for about 2 years until I buy her a new car.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 05:03 PM

Damn, damn, damn. I did a print out of it today and forgot to bring it home. I'll try tomorrow.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 06:15 PM

Sorry for the long delay.(work has been hectic and I kept forgetting) This is the no questions asked direct fit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1548271-av.jpg (35.5 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode