O/T.......its my last night on 3rd shift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Addict

O/T.......its my last night on 3rd shift

thats right folks! after tonight, no more livin like a mushroom!

been on nights most of my workin life, and after a five year wait here at happy hitchiner...im goin to day shift!

cant wait to get reaquainted with normal sleep patterns, and im sure the boy and i will have more fun with me being mostly awake on our sundays together!

now if i can just avoid pissin off the higher ups, itll be the bomb [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

only downside is the jeep will see a LOT more use next year......breakage is guaranteed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 08:24 AM
Way Outta Control

Re: O/T.......its my last night on 3rd shift

Congratulations. I'm a morning guy... and I hated my two decades of 2nd and 3rd shift with a passion; but it kept the family in groceries. When I finally got off that shift I fest better within a day! Now, I'm up at 4am and loving it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 01:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Lets see....
I was up a 5am this morning...couple cups of coffee...worked some while the boys watched TV...Took my son to school at 8:30....
I leave this job around 4pm...head to my other one...with luck I'll be done at 3am ...assuming I don't make a late arrest..
Up at 7am to get things ready for a garage sale...(gotta make room for the new garage)....
then back to the station by 7pm for another DUI checkpoint......until 3am...

Up again at 7am to get ready for church.....sleep...what is sleep?

But glad to see you back in a normal life...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Can't Get Enough

Ive been on first shift for four years now and realize I got a lot more sleep working third shift. I have to be on the clock at 5:30 am. but I do get off at 1:30 pm so that leaves me with plenty of time to get things done. My problem with it is, I hardly ever get to bed before 10:00 pm.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 04:10 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Yup, days is the best for the family, but in my line or work... boring. I'm a night owl and have to twist my own arm to get to bed before 10:30. Other draw back is the "suits". It's amazing how much they enjoy picking other's apart while never examening their own performance. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Can't Get Enough

That's great news.
I worked 3rd shift for only about nine months many years ago. I never did get used to it. It didn't matter if I slept three hours or twelve, I was always tired. I don't think humans are meant to sleep during the day.
Heck, if a fly farted a mile away I was wide awake and up for the day.
You'll love sleeping at night. Much more rested in less time.
I hope you enjoy it.
As for more management being around on first shift, just do your job and ignore them. Eventually they'll realize you know what your doing and ignore you too. Or, if you REALLY know what your doing, they'll notice that too and you might find yourself moving up.
Good luck
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or, if you REALLY know what your doing, they'll notice that too and you might find yourself moving up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or if you really, REALLY know what you're doing, management will notice, feel threatened, and put you back on nights where you'll never be noticed again! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 08:22 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I used to love nights when I worked 6-4 Out in time to tear it up and done 1/2 hr after it all slowed down. I was moved to 10p-6a because the guy working it got diciplined and "I could be trusted" That was supposed to be temporary 2 years ago but here I am still on it. It sucks for me cause it has no flexibility If I am out till 5 p working cases I MUST be back in at 10p no questions no excuses. So now that I have a part time/full time gig, I go in at 10p to the station and get off at 6A get in the truck and go till usualy 2p maybee as late as 4 p then to bed till 9p and do it again.

So I envy your position, but since I will not have the seinority to go to days,,,, and I refuse to work 2nd, I will be on nights forever. But at least this way I can work 2 jobs and keep a roof over my head (cusses cop salary)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode