Lazyboy good........Jeep better - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Lazyboy good........Jeep better

Yesterday my son and his girfriend took me for a drive in my jeep. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Until yesteday I just couldn't put my finger on it. I figured that I was having a case of Jeep Withdrawal. (who knew a broken leg could do that?) Sitting in the lazyboy is nowhere near as fun as riding in the jeep. With the doors off and the fastback rolled up it was heaven. (Just a figure of speech). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Lazyboy good........Jeep better

I know the feeling.
Last winter when I was layed up, and out of the Jeep for two months, I thought I would go crazy. Once the DR said I could drive, but no clutching, I had to take Kathy's Hyundai for a spin.
Hmmmm, that felt awfully good. I wonder if I can even get into the Jeep? Yep, sure can with heavy use of grab handles and a lot of squirming.
Can I even depress the clutch without extreme pain? Sure I can. It hurts, but not too bad. Maybe I ought to start it since it's been sitting so long. Heck, one quick circle around the driveway won't hurt anyone.
Before I even realize what's going on I'm down the road and, well, let's just say I didn't need hands to move the steering wheel. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Best medicine I could have gotten at that particular moment.

Good luck with your recovery. You'll get there soon enough. And keep finding any/every excuse possible for them to get you out in it again. Best therapy known to man.
And you can also always waddle out there and poke around on it some in the mean time.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Old Hand

Ok, I know what you are saying. Ill take my jeep out of service for mods and I get grumpy and irritable. As soon as the jeep is back on the road my mood gets much better. But my wife and kids will agree that my much better isnt good enough...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 09:18 PM

Mine has been down since June! I blew out my u-joints which screwed up my driveline. While down I decided to put in a slip yoke elimiator kit which led to a new rear end. Too many other projects led to not enough time. This is the longest I've gone without my Jeep and it sucks. We should be reunited within about a week. Can't wait.

-JL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode