O/T What makes you depressed? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Official Curmudgeon

O/T What makes you depressed?

It starts every Sunday night when I have to take the granddaughter home. There’ll be nobody to tell bedtime stories to and nobody to tell me, “that’s enough kisses” when I tuck her in. Nobody to come in my room and wake me up when I pretend to still be asleep and no giggling lumps under the blanket in her room when she pretends to still be asleep. Nobody to make chocolate chip pancakes for or to go see the ducks with.

This week mama had to go to the hospital to get a kidney stone broken up so I got her on Thursday instead of the usual Friday. I got real used to her being around. She’ll be back Friday but that seems like a long time away right now.

Well, I need to go clean up the kitchen. It’s got left over leaves, sticks, acorns and pinecones all over the floor. We collected them from places we went and glued some on a piece of construction paper to make a picture for mommy and daddy to document our weekend.

BTW – For those that have made threats against me, I’ll give warning that I’m getting pretty good upper body workouts pushing her on the swings. She loves to swing and likes to go really high. To keep her going long enough, grandpa has to alternate pushing her with one arm and then the other. Must be a gain, I feel the pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: O/T What makes you depressed?

Well, I don't know if it's depression, per se`, but I do miss having access to my grandson on a daily basis. My son bought a house and moved out of the garage apartment out back. Now it's not a daily thing anymore [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] He's surely much younger then your granddaughter (17 months) and I can see more radical changes taking place with the separation. He no longer remembers how to pull his foot up to make the trash compactor work after he slams it closed. His word formations are new instead of how he used to mimic my vocal wife (anyone else have a "vocal" wife [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). We had one solid day of just us and him a week and many instances of family meals and socialization out on the patio almost daily. We thought that we were going to avoid the empty nest syndrome. He made it so much more full with everyone sharing the same turf.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 03:20 PM

What a depressing topic! Taz you must be one who sees the glass half empty. Why not ask "What makes you feel happy" and then start with when your Grandaughter comes over?

I have two Grandaughters and two Grandsons. from 1 to 9 years old. It's depressing to me to think of them having to grow up and deal with all the BS that's in store for them so I try not to think about it.

I'll pass on a complete honest answer to your question. This is not the place or time for it. I'll just say I've earned my depression and by god I intend to enjoy it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Keyboard Implanted

There's something to be said for the finer points of a well earned depression. It's a highly overlooked and under appreciated personal joy that life can afford you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode