O/T Last Saturday's Off Roading Trip... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

O/T Last Saturday\'s Off Roading Trip...

Well.. technically I was off roading - just not in a Jeep. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My Dad and little brother were up over the weekend and we all decided to spend Saturday out on the water. We actually spent Friday on the water as well and they loved it so much we went out Saturday. It actually ended up being a much nicer day on Saturday.

Since I had 4 people I decided to take our dog, Norman, with us for his first boating trip. I wasn't sure how he would react - but thought it was worth the try!

This was taken right after I pulled out of the ramp - seems to be doing ok so far!

He seemed to like travelling here the most. I think he felt like he was in my Jeep with his head out the window -- he liked the strong breeze that went through the middle of the boat... and liked all the scents that were associated with the breeze.

After a little while, we decided he needed a little safe-keeping. So, we test fitted him with his own PFD.

This was kind of neat, we were slowly idling across the lake when this seaplane flew right over us and landed about 300 yards ahead of us.

Lastly, my new desktop photo... there ain't much purtier than your pride 'n' joy sitting idle in the water, is there? Now if only that yokel didn't pull in behind my boat when I took the photo - but hey, can't win em all right?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: O/T Last Saturday\'s Off Roading Trip...

awww that was deceptive! theres no jeeps!

as a side note....cute pooch. My dad has a little yappy dog he take with him when he goes boating....the dog has a life jacket that has a handle on the back so you can carry the dog like a brief case......its pretty darn funny to watch [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Aprentice

Awesome pics! You make me jealous!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 02:03 PM

What lake is that? Looks like Pewaukee Lake but it's been a while since I've been down that way. Rick
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Addict

I love the dogs name [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Veteran

Here is a yokel-less shot of your boat. Just a quick Fotochop, but maybe you can touch it up and make it better.

Nice boat by the way! I wish I still had mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1524208-NoYokel.jpg (444.4 KB, 1 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Wow - MT several people have been "helping" me out by removing the yokel... you have done the best job yet.

Thanks for all the comments... I committed the ultimate sin and opted to purchase a boat last January instead of a Jeep.. I know I know what was I thinking? Anyway, now that it's beautiful outside I'm not regretting my decision anymore. Besides, the view from the helm of a boat tends to be a bit easier on the eyes than from the drivers seat of a Jeep (read: Bikinis [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]).

You are right lilrick, that was on Pewaukee Lake... its the biggest lake in my area. I grew up as a river-boater so this is a bit 'new' to me, but hey, I manage... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Norman is a 130 lb bonehead we picked up at the humane society just about 2 years ago... he's a great dog and I often wonder what idiot let him wander off. Ahh well, his loss = my gain.

Greg -- we're going to be getting one of those doggyPFD's; but wanted to make sure to goofball was ok on the boat first. Now that we have that confirmed we can move forward with the purchase.

Sean
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we're going to be getting one of those doggyPFD's

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, right. I want to see a picture of you carrying him around like a briefcase. Uh huh. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

[ QUOTE ]
I want to see a picture of you carrying him around like a briefcase. Uh huh. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL yeah... its not going to be a biefcase lift... rather, its going to be a plant left foot... plant right foot... HEAVE.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Keyboard Implanted

well...except for the Kids head over the Post at the front of the boat... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1524360-1524208-NoYokel.jpg (438.1 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode