O/T Got to use my shiny new table saw!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Addict

O/T Got to use my shiny new table saw!!

I have done it folks, I have built a stealth box for the back of the Jeep. It serves as kind of a fake floor behind the seat with 2 kicker comp vr 8 inch subwoofers built in. Now I know what some of you are thinking.... How does that help you on the trail? I want to hear my jeep creak over the rocks not rock creeping all over the jeep...Your the kind of guy I hate sitting next to at a traffic light etc. Well I just though that some of you might like the fact that there was craftsmanship involved in the creation of a stereo system. And I might add that it is not a "rolling boombox" but a well balanced and accurate music reproduction machine...A well oiled clock if you will! However It does kick out some mean bass when I turn the sub up [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] And although it doesnt help me on the trail it its kind of nice on the way home from the trail. after all I cant worry about hearing funny noises all the time...theres too many of them. Oh and I turn it down when I'm in a populated area...its called commen courtesy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] the box is only 8 inches tall 32.5 inches wide and 10 inches front to back. the subwoofers fire down at the floor and there is a storage box built into the top of it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I will post pictures at a later date
happy new year!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Way Outta Control

Re: O/T Got to use my shiny new table saw!!

A few questions:<ul type="square">[*]Pictures, you tease with no pictures?[*]How many fingers/thumbs did you have when you started the project?[*]How many fingers/thumbs do you have now?[*]In a Jeep, how do you create a [ QUOTE ]
...a well balanced and accurate music reproduction machine

[/ QUOTE ][/list][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Addict

I wanted to finish it with the carpet and paint before I take pictures the box is in the Jeep right now bare wood lol with no storage rack installed yet. I have a sound bar and a set of brandy new alpine type "s" 4x6 speakers up front in the dash (lots of cursing and grumbling changing those btw) An alpine deck with time correction and a 300 watt amplifier powering the 2 - 8 inch sub's which give great response not to low not to high. It's a pretty perfect balance. I had 10 when I started and 10 now thank the lord but I do this for a living hehe so I always use my push stick. This saw cuts through 3/4 inch mdf like butter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 07:04 AM

Pictures before carpet to show off your workmanship.

Sounds like a great system.. Bring it to the bash!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Thanks Jim, You know I build these things mostly so people can listen to rap and hip hop. But I built mine with the Eagles and Crosby Stills and Nash in mind hehe. It sounds incredible as far as I'm concerned. Not too much and not to little. I dont want to post it till I'm done but I will post some of my handywork so you can get an Idea of what I do [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1474513-8.JPG (189.1 KB, 28 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Addict

This one is a mazda millenia does anyone know how to post more than one picture per post?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Addict

This picture is a Hyndai Tiburon, I built a sealed down firing box for 1 twelve inch alpine sub with a plexiglass window and a seperate enclosure for a 1 farad capacitor also behind plexi. A navigation Tv up front, Two headrest tv's with a 10 dvd changer. Two alpine amps, One monoblock for the subwoofer and One 4 channel for the interior speakers which are Alpine "type r" components. Wrapped the whole thing in black marine vinyl and used grey rock paint inside the vent and inside the box for contrast. This wasnt my best work but it was one of my favorites [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1474520-84.JPG (289.8 KB, 25 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 07:46 AM

That's some amazing stuff!

To put several pictures in one post, first go to the "Test stuff here" forum and put up a post for each pic. Then view one of the pics and copy the URL for that picture. Come back here and edit your post. Type in "[image]Paste the URL here[/image]" with no added spaces between the brackets and the URL.

That will put one picture in your post. Repeat the process for each picture. I open a second tab in my Mozilla browser (Control T) so I can just jump back and forth between SWB and Test stuff here. If you're using Internet Exploder you can kick off another session of IE for Test stuff here.

If you want a single picture to appear in your post you can do the same thing except that you don't need to go to Test stuff here. You can attach it to your post, view it, copy the URL, edit your post and paste the URL into the [image] statement.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 08:39 AM
Way Outta Control

[ QUOTE ]
This one is a mazda millenia does anyone know how to post more than one picture per post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, read the answer HERE
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Addict

I'm gonna try it and see if it works [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher M Goodma\My Documents\gallery 3 cars\45.JPG C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher M Goodma\My Documents\gallery 3 cars\47.JPG C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher M Goodma\My Documents\gallery 3 cars\89.JPG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode