MC 2100 insulator /adapter kit - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

MC 2100 insulator /adapter kit

hey guys finally got my mc2100 but im kinda stuck on which adapter to use and if i need the plastic insulator like on the v8 304. any input is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 05:40 PM

Re: MC 2100 insulator /adapter kit

Summit sells TD Performance Products adapter no. TRD-2086 for $12.75. It comes with 2 gaskets. I replaced the slotted bolts that came in the kit with allen head bolts to make tightening the adapter to the manifold easier. I also used a hardening gasket maker instead of the gasket between the adapter and the manifold (Permatex Form a Gasket 1A). I also used a Ford gasket between the carburetor and the adapter. It is made of black plastic and looks like two gaskets sandwiched together with plastic bushings inside the stud holes. Is this gasket necessary? There is nothing special about it other than that it will seal very well and also provide a lot of heat insulation from the manifold. The hole in the adapter is slightly larger than the jeep manifold. I have thoughts to switch to an aluminum intake manifold from an 84 and blend the manifold to the adapter with a die grinder.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 08:40 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

The Mr. Gasket adapter already comes with alan head bolts... and ditto on the Ford gasket. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I dont recall the Mr G part number, but I think if you tell them its to adapt a holley style two barrel to a rochester, they will come up with the part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

ok i have the part # for the td performance and the mr. gasket. i like the allen bolts with the mr gasket kit so that's what i'll do. but what is this ford gasket? is it a regular paper gasket made especially for the carb or is it the plastic insulator like the one that comes stock on the 304 w/ MC 2100? the one im thinking is about 1/2 inch thick hard plastic. and if i do use this so called insulator would it go on: intake > papergasket > adapter > paper gasket > insulator > carb? thanks for the help so far. hopefully will i'll get it all done this weekend.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 05:20 AM

The insulator isn't so important on the six because of the way the carb mounts off the side of the engine. I wouldn't go out of the way to install one, but it can't hurt.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 12:20 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Location: Selma,CA in the middle of the vineyards, Central California

Take a good look at the surfaces between the 'insulator' & and the adapter ...... they don't mate up (at least mine didn't) and you will have a huge vacuum leak!
Mine is a 1973 258 I-6, mid 1980 alum intake, summit adapter, Autolite 2100. Runs great without the 'insulator', connected the PVC line to manifold.

Good luck
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the input. i wont even worry about the insulator then. thanks again
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 12:42 PM
Way Outta Control

That phonelic riser was just that... it was on my Bronco II and my daughters Ford LDT II. I suspect that since both engines were V-6's it was meant to get the Carb (or CPI) up above the valve covers so that linkages, etc., could be attached. It was less expensive to produce the riser out of phonelic than aluminum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode