Boss bought a commander today - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Boss bought a commander today

He came to work complaining that he had to test drive one today for his wife. I said those things are .......he cut me off and added F*%#^[email protected] ugly. An hour later he drives it in RAVING!!!!!!! how nice it is to drive and how well it rides. This is coming from a man that has spent the last two months test driving caddy/mercedes/lexus/acura/keep adding every $$$$ suv that you can think of up to 100K. No BS. He pulls me out to look at it and other than the nose it is good looking and really neat. It has tons of features for the price and good incentives too. He did say it was BS that he had to finance 6k for one month to save 1500, but he can pay that without penalties after 30 days.
So I just thought I'd add that it's wayyyyyyyyy cooler than a libby if you wanted a dailey driver. And he's happy that he saved (up to) close to 60k on his wifes christmas gift/new car. (and I hate to admit that I like them a lot more than when I saw them in the mags or driving by)

(and on a side note his son....(boss over my head) bought a new CTS today too , comes in this thurs)

I'm happy for them...........why?.......cause my christmas bonus rocked this year.(& man could I use it since the wife has a new job and got none) I had to share.

(PS............Thanks God[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Boss bought a commander today

Yeah... Joanne wants one... especially now that 'the clan' has outgrown an XJ. But, considering it is the first year of production and I swore I'd never buy her another 'new' vehicle*, I don't see it happening anytime in the near term.

*FYI*: No new vehicle b/c she cannot seem to take decent care of it. I'm not talking mechanically - that's my resp.; I'm talking simple PM/CM of interior. You want fancy interior (cloth/leather seats)? Keep it clean, clean up your messes ASAP! I know, I'm an @ss... but I don't reward bad traits. [Sorry for rant, but this is a big burr under my saddle... grrrrrr!]

Congrats on the bonus Dave! I'm glad for ya. And, thanks for the PS... He appreciates it and will surely bless you (all the more) for it.

Hope I can get up (then down) to see ya in the next coupla weeks.

BTW, what color did he get? Engine?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I'm still stuck on the "They're Freakin Ugly" deal too. Looks like someone took a perfectly good XJ, stretched adn pushed and got teh Proportions all out of wack. not to mention that front end.....

Butthen again, I thought teh ZJ was ugly when it came out and I liked them after a year or two.

Glad to hear about your Bonus! Cool Deal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 10:03 PM
Old Hand

the comander is siting on the grand cherokee chassis its all the same drive line and every thing just diffrent body
they are all right i am not a big fan of the IFS they are snapy if you get the 4.7 in them the 3.7 is junk
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 10:37 PM

My dad liked the way the looked since he loves his xj and wanted to go test drive one. We drove a 4.7 limited and the thing sucked. It was no where near as much fun to drive as an xj and it was a major dog. Might be fun with a hemi but the 4.7 didn't impress me at all.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Can't Get Enough

[ QUOTE ]
they are snapy if you get the 4.7 in them the 3.7 is junk

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the Hemi-powered Commander? That should be real 'snappy', no?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 12:10 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I drove a Hemi powered Ram 1500 quad cab over this last weekend (my dad got it as a rental) and man did that thing have power. Dry pavement was a breeze to get plenty of tire spin on. Really you had to be extremely cautious with the skinny pedal when starting out or you'll get no traction. On the highway, going from 70 to 85 was quick and easy. What a nice engine.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 04:53 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[ QUOTE ]
the comander is siting on the grand cherokee chassis its all the same drive line and every thing just diffrent body

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I don't think so Tim.... Especially since the ZJ is Unibody.... Don't know about the Commander.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 08:09 AM
Mud in my Veins

[ QUOTE ]
*FYI*: No new vehicle b/c she cannot seem to take decent care of it. I'm not talking mechanically - that's my resp.; I'm talking simple PM/CM of interior. You want fancy interior (cloth/leather seats)? Keep it clean, clean up your messes ASAP! I know, I'm an @ss... but I don't reward bad traits. [Sorry for rant, but this is a big burr under my saddle... grrrrrr!]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen brother!

*MY* Wife: "Wanna drive the mimi-van?"
Me: [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] "NO! It smells like french fry grease and forgotten dirty diapers!"
Wife: "It does not!" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] (We get in the van anyways)
Me: "This thing reaks!"
Wife: "I can't wait to get something else!"
Me: "Keep on dreaming! When you can properly take care of what you have now..." [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 09:56 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[ QUOTE ]
Amen brother!

*MY* Wife: "Wanna drive the mimi-van?"
Me: [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] "NO! It smells like french fry grease and forgotten dirty diapers!"
Wife: "It does not!" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] (We get in the van anyways)
Me: "This thing reaks!"
Wife: "I can't wait to get something else!"
Me: "Keep on dreaming! When you can properly take care of what you have now..." [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

glad you cleared that up.. I thought it was just you, but I didn't want to say anything since it looked like you finally had a bath [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode