O/T - I'm finally a Grad-gee-it (aka Graduate) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

O/T - I\'m finally a Grad-gee-it (aka Graduate)

I'm posting this a bit early, but by the time most see this it'll be after, so......

As of 12/17/2005 sometime between 9:30-11:00 AM I will be an official college graduate from the wonderful Western Illinois University. Home of the Fighting Leathernecks (yes Marine's that is our mascot...the only non-military school to have such a mascot). I survived the odds and actually graduated from where I started, however with a different degree. I will have a BA in Individual Studies, meaning I got to take whatever kinds of classes I wanted. I mostly took law enforcement courses with a few engineering and such thrown in. As for what's next in my life, who knows. I guess step one is find a full time Police job somewhere southwest of IL, which leaves a lot of choices. Step two, find a girl who will tolerate me. Step 3, work for 25 years or so and retire. All in all I think it's achievable. Now I just need to make enough $$ to afford buying a New car, not a Jeep this time. I'm seriously eyeballing a new MINI. So it's been a long time coming so I figured I'd let ya'll know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 10:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: O/T - I\'m finally a Grad-gee-it (aka Graduate)

congratulations
my wife is officially a grad on the same date same time. from western kentucky university. She has a better job now and perhaps i have more chance topost on here again. as well as finish my long postponed due to money project jeep.

I'm sure most will not rememeber me i used to be a regular reader on this board. i still read from time to time. by far this is the mostinformative jeep forum i have found. yet i remain silent. NO LONGER. lmao.

Knifeboy you have made a great accomplishment and i applaud you. as i watch my own wife walk the line tomorrow morning i will say a prayer for you as well. DO GREAT THINGS!!!!!!!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Official Curmudgeon

[ QUOTE ]
Step 3, work for 25 years or so and retire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we know you didn’t take any economics courses. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Congrats anyway.

BTW-My granddaughter is just now old enough for the Taz purse. I made mention of it last Sunday without thinking through the implications of saying, “Somebody on the Jeep BBS sent me a Taz purse.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 07:34 AM

HOLY SCHMIDT! I never thought I'd see the day. Bet your parents didn't either.

They're looking for some new cops in East St. Louis, since several or on trial for taking bribes, destroying evidence, abusing prisoners . . . you know, little stuff like that. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 08:31 AM
Old Hand

Congratulations. Last time I saw you, you looked a bit "small" to be a police officer. You better start hitting the donut shops... Good luck.

-- Mike
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 08:33 AM

New Orlean is looking for about 50 cops. I think starting pay is $5 a hour.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Keyboard Implanted

congrats again nick [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Way Outta Control

Good on you. Now you've got to figure out what to do with all that free time. With an education in behind you and your whole life ahead, plan your work and work your plan.

Oh, and about working 25 years and retiring... Hah........ it ain't all it's cracked up to be. Enjoy the 25 years while your there...time goes by fast!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode