New Windshield Frame - Not Happy - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 06:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

New Windshield Frame - Not Happy

Well....after considerable searching and researching...I bought a windshield frame for my CJ from JeepGlass.com. When you look at the cost of new glass and frame, their setup does look like it wouldn't leak...and the fact that their picture showed the supporting rib down the centerline of the wiper posts...I went for it.

It arrived today...the install of the glass looks great....BUT...no rib down the centerline of the wiper posts. One of the main issues I had with my original frame was the wiper posts bending in the frame and the wipers binding. It was my understanding that the center rib added considerable support to the wipers.

It wouildn't be such a big deal if I had not specifically asked that question (looking back at the response, it appears he danced around the answer) and the fact that the picture shows the rib.

What do I do....send it back? At the end of the day, I just don't want to have to worry about my wipers binding. I'm even considering going to the junk yard to see if the YJ style of wiper posts will work...they look to be a little better.

What do you think guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: New Windshield Frame - Not Happy

I'd send the dang thing back... If the bugger does not want to refund you your money (plus shipping cost to send it back), I'd start talking about deceptive advertising, the Federal Trade Commission, states' Attornies' General consumer protection offices, postal fraud and inspectors, etc..., yada, and so forth....

How'd you pay for it? If credit card, my position would be that you received defective goods since it was missing the center rib as depicted in sales literature. That should be sufficient to get the CC folks to withhold payment pending resolution/further investigation.

HTH...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 12:50 PM
Journeyman

I got one from them a year or two ago and it DOES have the rib along the center. At that time, they were selling both versions, with and without the rib. The one with the rib cost more. I splurged for that because my original frame did the same thing with the wiper blades binding.

My only complaint with it is that the glass did not seem to stand up to stones the way the stock windshield did. My stock windshield took a beating on the highway...a few chips here and there from being behind a gravel truck on one road trip...but never once cracked and "spidered out" from the chip. I had my new windshield from Jeepglass on the Jeep about 2 weeks, first little pebble on the highway, split it from top to bottom!

Not sure if this helped at all, but I would definitely fight that somehow. Call your credit/check card company and tell them you want to dispute the charges because you did not receive the correct goods.

Marcus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 01:40 PM

Refer to the topic of this post...
Especally the "NOT HAPPY" part.
Send it back and find something that does make you "HAPPY".
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 06:47 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Give them a call and tell them that you are not happy. Maybe they still sell both types, and they just sent you the wrong one.
Very well could have been a mistake on their parts.

IF you don't like it... SEND it back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode