OT Garages - Atten Pnut - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 12:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OT Garages - Atten Pnut

Pnut...
Maybe this will explain why I always comment on your garage.....as you can see from the pic, I have good reason to be jealous.....

But I would like to point out that I have to share it with my wife....can't complain, she knows how to use the power tools too....

And we are going to tear this one down soon and buid a new one....bigger...taller...with a 'real' attic.....a a place for my wood working tools so that maybe, just maybe, I can get a vehicle in it.

And the other side....

So many projects, so little time.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 01:04 PM

Re: OT Garages - Atten Pnut

You've actually got a pretty good starting point. Some epoxy floor paint, high gloss white paint, and elimination of clutter (big shed out back), and you too can eat off the floor......
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 01:20 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Dawg, yup, that looks like mine did most of the summer -- a million projects all going at one time. Finally got to clean it out, and just last night we got Jeepchick's Grand Cherokee in out of the snow. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

(I kick her jeep out in the spring, and try to get it back in for the winter, so she's not scraping ice and snow in the mornings.)

Plus I've got the snowblower in there now too. That lives under the back deck during the summer, and goes into the garage come winter for easy access.

Too many vehicles, never enough garage space. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 04:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Garage has to go...
Roof is shot
No attic space
floor is cracked
Water leaks in under the back wall during heavy rains
The whole slab is tilted so that one side is 2" lower than the driveway
I have 7' of space behind my garage...rather than build a shed, I'd rather build the garage all the way back.....that would give me enough room for all of my woodworking tools...

Too bad all of you live so far away....we could have one heck of a 'garage raising ' party.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Enthusiast

You just have to be creative...I have a pretty full shop in my garage and STILL have room to park 3 cars in the 3-car....

When I had to suck my 10x20 storage unit back into my garage I bought some overhaed racks and a bunch of cheap wall cabinets from Home Depot. They work really, really well. I also have used just about every bit of usable wall space.

The overheads do not interfere with the garage door. I have also been thinking about opening the roof in the small garage to gain access to the rafters for additional overhead storage, but as you can see I do everything with a closed garage.

The main garage right side, viewed from the kitchen door:

My accessible storage. Electronics and other goodies are in the cabinet. I keep all my camping gear and other things I use often on the rack shelves.

You can also see how I use most of the available wall space. The Cadillac usually sits in that space, but I think it's going to wind up being my daughter's, since she can't afford another car and the one she had burned up. All that junk on the floor is what I was storing in the car.

More overhead storage. I just pulled down the Christmas stuff. Usually it is packed to the ceiling.

This is my shop. Every bit of usable space is used. The open space is where I park my Jeep.

I cheat a little, though, since my garage is kinda unique. It's a 2+1, but instead of the side garage being detached, they are connected, creating a 15x6 dead space that was perfect for my workshop. Since we bought the house as new construction, I had the builders put an extra 100 amps on the wall there: 50 amps of 110 and 50 amps of 220.

Despite the fact that I have so much stuff in the garage, I can STILL fit 3 cars in my 3-car garage. I'm very proud of that.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 05:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You guys are not making me feel any better.........
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Keyboard Implanted

ya... mine is not much better than yours dawg... and my new place is smaller.. and i wont have time to build a shed till summer... so until then.. i am going to have to get creative to fit it all in there... let a lone have room for work...
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 07:11 AM

Dawg, Jeepchick and I will come out right after the holidays, and help with your garage. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] She's not much with a hammer, but makes one heckofa sandwich for lunch. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

We'll be sure to bring our shorts and sunglasses. Figure it's what, 65-70 degrees in the winter for you? And I'm guessing it's at least a 3 month job. All you need to do is supply room and board and we'll fly home when Spring hits New England. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete. 20 degrees and snow. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pete. 20 degrees and snow.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you're bummed? At least you have snow. We've got low teens here and NO snow. THAT's a bummer. They're predicting one to three tomorrow night, but it will probably wind up being nothing but a dusting. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 09:24 AM

Yeah Jim, I'm not a fan of winter. Cold, Snow, etc. Not my cup of tea.

I think when I was in line to be born, waiting for the stork to fly in and pick us up for delivery, the guy behind me switched my "Key West/Southern Cal Preferred" sign for his "New England" sign. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode