Outdoor America information - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-05-1999, 02:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Outdoor America information

Thanks for coming over to the new post for the Outdoor America organization. Right now we have a name and a website being formed. We would like you to continue to express your ideas on this post. Lets keep this idea going. Thanks for the interest. We have already talked about alot of thing, but we have more to discuss. Mark, Peter, and Dave please continue the previous discussions on this post. If you would like more info you can ask (but we might not know yet) or you can wait for the web site to be started up. This might seem like an incoveniance, but it will make it easier to keep track of ideas. Thankyou and lets keep the ideas flowing.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-05-1999, 07:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Outdoor America information

Should we be going off on our own, or putting all this energy behine
the Blue Ribbon Coalition??????????

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-05-1999, 07:13 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I think it would be better to have yet another organization that the Democrats have to fend off. This one can be more directly pointed at the forest closure issue, and the ads can be real hit pieces that come right out and say "The vice-pervert(use his name) takes Chinese generals to the American Wilderness, but YOU cannot go there!" Stuff like that.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] ALSO....the name needs to be: "AMERICA OUTDOORS".....I think that gives the picnic table image to suburbia dwellers, and isn't confused with hunting and fishing magazines. America Outdoors is about US...the citizens of this country...keeping our outdoors available to US. You remember the old days don't you? When the forest and all the game belonged to the Duke....and if you went in there and took game, well.... Guess what folks....IT'S BAAAAAAACK! Do you think for ONE MINUTE that some visiting Chi-Comm General would be excluded if he wanted to bag an elk? After all, the check they wrote to the dirtbag DID clear the bank. Our asses have been sold to the chinese by the dirtbag. Ours AND our children's. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

CJDave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-05-1999, 08:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was thinking (I know that doesn't happen to often), has anyone though of getting the Boy and Girl Scouts of America behind us? They could be a VERY strong allies.
Just a thought.
Kiley
94YJ

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-05-1999, 09:13 AM

One of the many uses my XJ is good for is taking my son's Boy Scout Troop camping. There are a lot of guys who are BSA adult leaders like myself on this BBS. We obviously cannot speak for the national organization but we are, in the truest sense of the word, enviromentalists. I think this is true of off road people as well. I support what this thread is doing and I will give it support.

Best Regards,
Jim Young
xjy173

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-05-1999, 09:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just a quick little idea for the logo... I know everyone has been thinking of putting trees and 4x4's and all kinds of other stuff in the logo, but I think that may just complicate the logo too much. I tried to come up with a logo with trees in it, but it kept looking like and Arbor Day Foundation Logo [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Anyways, I'll keep tossing around ideas... If you see any that you like, I can refine it more...

Steve

1994 YJ Sahara
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-6092-AOD.jpg (23.7 KB, 1 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-05-1999, 10:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You will notice I made a new post directing folks to the new thread, just in case someone missed Tim's post on the other threads.
Boy, those other threads were getting long and confusing because of there not being one central post.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-05-1999, 10:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I haven't gotten any feedback about the logo I threw together. Here it is again...

Marc
Contagious Racing
Attached Images
File Type: gif 9-6100-outdrUSA.gif (32.8 KB, 0 views)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-05-1999, 10:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I like it, but can we have a 4by on it somewhere?

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-05-1999, 10:32 AM

I liked the look of the one from steve_js. Marc's can be hard to reproduce in various sizes because of the striping and star patterns.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode