Hardtop from 94 YJ fit anything besides YJ's? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 03:05 PM
05RkyMtn

Hardtop from 94 YJ fit anything besides YJ\'s?

I have a hard top to a '94 YJ that I would like to know if it fits anything else? I know it won't fit the TJ but what about late CJ's?

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 03:12 PM

Re: Hardtop from 94 YJ fit anything besides YJ\'s?

Should fit a CJ7. Might have minor problems with how it fits the windshield and tailgate, and probably have to drill hold down holes. But the tubs are essentially the same except for the way the tailgate opens and the location of the fuel filler - little stuff like that.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 03:19 PM
05RkyMtn

That's pretty much what I was thinking, although I did forget about the tailgate opening. I had thought about modifying the header so it would latch to my TJ but I figure I'd end up destroying the top. It's not the sort of the thing the trash guy wants to see on the curb at 6AM! I've got a co-worker who thinks it'll fit his CJ7.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 07:13 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I would guess that if you left a full top out by the end of your driveway, your trash guy would probably scratch his head.

A couple of months back I had a "Parts YJ" that had a really beat up hard top on it. (Read, really rough shape) Looked like the jeep had been laid down on it's side with the top on. I threw the top in the back of a pick up truck and took it to the local recycle place, they were happy to take it, and they only charged me half of what it cost to dispose of a truck top, cause the guy said it was about half the size... I think it was like 10 bucks to get rid of. That is better than it just sitting in my yard.

If you need to get rid of it, that might be an option.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Official Historian

It will fit a CJ7. He'll just have to close the top down and then climb inside to latch the tailgate.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2005, 12:50 PM
05RkyMtn

Hmmm, crawl inside to latch the tailgate. That might work since he has no kids, no back seat and minimal "stuff" to climb over. Once latched he probably wouldn't open it again until spring when it comes off and the soft top goes on.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2005, 01:02 PM
05RkyMtn

Olin18, where abouts in Vt? I'm originally from ME and in fact took the scenic route (US2) when returning to OH from ME (tired of looking at Interstates for the 900+ miles!). Went across NH, VT and upstate NY. Trip was great, until 2 hrs into NY when route 11 began to look the same and seemed like it was going to go on forever! Still, I plan on using this route for my summer returns to ME.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode