Wheels and tires - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Wheels and tires

The P.O. put 32"x11.50" on my pretty much stock, unlifted '74 CJ5 and I wanted some opinions on wheels. I drive mostly rocky desert terrain on w-ends and use the CJ as a daily driver.
I would like to keep the ride height I have now, or maybe a little bit of a lift if need be.
I'm thinking of a 9.50 tire width and thought this might be a good time to replace the wagon spoke wheels with something for the narrower tires and would like to hear about wheels dished outboard from the guys that have experience. I wouldn't care if they were O.E.M. steel wheels. Would wheels like that be a clearance problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 08:47 AM
Addict

Re: Wheels and tires

For 32's you may want to lift it a bit. I have a rancho 2.5 inch lift and get great articulation with my 31's but I think with 32's I might do some fender bendin and scraping on rough terrain. Not real sure though if I get dents I want it to be from something other than tires [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 09:08 AM
Old Hand

Re: Wheels and tires

My 74 CJ-5 was my daily driver for about 8 yrs ,,, Still would be but I lost a [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] rod bearing ,,, It has a 304 in her & a 4 in lift ( only got about 2.5 out it ) Due to heavy bumpers & snow plow eqiupment mounted on it .. Plus a Hard metal top & doors,, I run 33X12X15 mud tire on her ,,, with only a little tire rub on a tight turn on the frame & a set of spacers would have taking care of that ,,,Its now my lane plow & bull doser ,,

Hope this helps [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode