Crippled airbus landing at LAX - Page 3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 11:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Crippled airbus landing at LAX

Those rims will never hit Ebay....the NTSB make sure of that....
I guess I should chim in a little here since to work I do is directly related to both Airbus and Boeing.

As everyone has correctly noted, Airbus is subsidized by all of the European govt's....hence, Boeing's argument...Airbus counters that Boeing is indirectly subsidized by the govt by way of military contracts. (good try, but no cigar).

As a result of the European subsidies, Airbus plans are cheaper than Boeing...hence, their increased market share. You can't blame the airlines....if you can buy 20 of one, or 30 of another...same size, range, and for the same money, which one are you going to buy? But what is starting to happen now is that AOG's (Aircraft On Ground) are going up...plane broken...not flying...not making money. (Kinda like American cars vs Japanese) Short term cheap, long term...expensive.....

Airbus does much the same thing as Japan....once you are an Airbus part supplier, they start putting more and more pressure on you to keep droping the price. I have been into many of the plants that make Airbus parts (and Boeing as well). The engineering is outstanding and Bleeding edge. But the quality is lacking...as compared to Boeing....

The next few years are going to be very decisive for both Companies. I think Airbus and made a big mistake with the A380....I know I don't want to fly on something that big....And Boeing is building the 787....an all composite plane...about the size of a 767. We are putting in a 30' x 70' Autoclave in Wichita, KS that will be used to cure the first 40' section of fuselage.

Click here to see some pics of the new A380... Airbus A380

And the new
Boeing 787
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode