Another relapse of JeepMania... I NEED help! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Another relapse of JeepMania... I NEED help!

Well, it's happened again... another relapse. I'm telling ya's, I just can't help myself...

The eBay'd '77 J-10 (w/ 34k mi & a 401! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headspin.gif[/img] ) that the boys and I drove x-country a few weeks back:

J-10 w/ my Scrambler hooked thereto for the trip back here from OH. (FWIW, flat towing a Scrambler w/ a J-10 - thru the Shenandoah Mtns, no less- is <font color="red">NOT</font> a very good idea. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img] )

Here's yesterday's GovtLiqu.com acquisition:

This was/is the cleanest/nicest -10a I've seen to-date... couldn't help myself. Don't know 'exactly' what direction this project will take, but whatever it is, I promise to make it as original/unique, as possible.

Finally, not a Jeep per se, but it will be an integral part of '<u>The Fleet</u>':

I'll try to take a pic of our driveway (parking lot) tomorrow. Depending on your perspective (severity of your own <font color="red">Jeepmania</font>), it's either pathetic [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] or paradise [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] .

Still not done (collecting specimens), but will have to 'thin our herd' a bit before more additions. (Unless, of course, a good deal [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/deal.gif[/img] comes along... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) BTW, anyone know of any good - no-rust - M-715 bodies in need of a drivetrain?

And, last - but DEFINITELY <u>NOT</u> least - my <font color="blue">REAL TREASURES</font>:

Left-to-right, Jeremiah (4), Ethan (near 6) &amp; Matthew (8 going on 18 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/codger.gif[/img] ). Baby 'JPR' stayed home w/ Mama. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Now... lessee if I can figure how to post more than one pic per post... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [Finished note: What a PITA that was! Gotta love that dial-up... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] ]

Thanks for the assist Larry!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1451800-MtRushmore&boys2.jpg (88.5 KB, 12 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 11:41 PM
Way Outta Control

Re: Another relapse of JeepMania... I NEED help!

Jerry, you're a sick man with a VERY understanding wife!

[ QUOTE ]
Now... lessee if I can figure how to post more than one pic per post...

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you can... go HERE
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 12:21 AM
Addict

Those j-10's are great, Havent seen one in awhile and that one looks nice. I'm jealous now [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 12:24 AM
Veteran

I still have some buddies on the board of supervisors up there since we're obviously going to have to get your house re-zoned if you buy any more jeeps. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

[ QUOTE ]
I still have some buddies on the board of supervisors up there since we're obviously going to have to get your house re-zoned if you buy any more jeeps. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">OUCH!</font> That hurts! A shot through the heart... as only a <font color="blue">stone-cold</font> (-<font color="red">blooded</font>) <font color="green">Marine sniper</font> could deliver! For shame... 'fraggin' a fellow <font color="green">Marine</font>!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So help me though... I've had no problems w/ neighbors or 'the law' to-date (dealing w/ vehicles, that is [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] ) Webb, if you wnet and jinxed me... you'll be needing those sniper HIDE skills they taught ya! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

And say Lawman..., you comin' to Oak Ridge next weekend? Or isn't your <font color="pink">junk</font> up to it? (Lessee how he responds to a little 'baiting'... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

And LEVE, yes! she <u>IS</u> a very understanding lady - though she has not quite figured me out yet. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bag.gif[/img] (I might also mention she is not yet aware that the CJ-10 will shortly be joining 'the herd'. There's much to be said for right time/place/circumstance/setting when disclosing such info. Have a couple of temp. storage locations incase this "time/place/circumstance/setting"-thang takes awhile to present itself. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] )
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 05:38 AM
Journeyman

Congrats on a couple supreme hits!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 07:06 AM
Keyboard Implanted

There is a teal green J-10 that rides around URE occasionally (they actually live out near Tellico) I think I have some pics of it. He used part of a YJ tub for a bed. Rides on D-60s F&R (I think). He fuel injected the I6 in it and drives it like mad.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 12:39 PM

YOU have one darn good woman Jerry. Mine would have already had me committed at the rate your going.

Great finds/buys......and yes you do need help. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/neener.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Addict

How'd you get that picture of the kids with no one around? That's a great place to visit is'nt it? Did you take the tour to the base of the monument, and the workshop?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 12:35 AM
Veteran

Oak Ridge...

I was looking on to it, but we close on the house on thursday, finally I can have my contractor exterminated [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] , and I can't get the weekend off (UVA Homecoming) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

Once we get settled the body is coming off, and the wiring is getting ripped out. Then the fun begins. I did want to try to get out for a good run before I took her out of service for a while, but I guess that's not going to happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode