hey, i need some help wit ideas - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 08:46 PM
eddierish

hey, i need some help wit ideas

my name is eddie, im 17 [email protected]
i have a 2001 jeep wrangler, its black i have 4" lift n 33" on it, but before it was my car it was my sisters so i need to make it, have more of offroad manlyer feel, but i still need it to be functional, on the street, if u can give me any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

also any ideas, about puttin a system wit a sub woofer in the wrangler
would be nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Addict

Re: hey, i need some help wit ideas

I'm building a center console with a 10 inch subwoofer and using a 5 channel amplifier with components in my soundbar and a nice set of 4x6 jbl speakers up front. should be pretty nice and I keep all my space.If your looking for more boom than that go with 2 10's behind the rear seat in a downfiring box. get nice 10's and a good amp not cheap stuff and it will be nice. One thing I can say about stereo stuff is you DEFINATLY get what you pay for! I'm in the business so alittle tip for all you guys wether your looking for quality sound or earth shattering sound. buy nice stuff...once save up if you have to. worth it when its done.
if you have any specific questions let me know what your looking for and I'll help you with a system design and even a box design if you want [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Iv'e built em for the ny jets. why not help you hehe
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Official Historian

It's not a car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 12:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I will try to put this as nicely as I can.....

Jeeps are 4WD vehicles intended for exploring the wild...with the loudest noise being the crunch of rocks, your spotter yelling "MORE LEFT", or the crunch of metal when you don't follow directions....

They are not Blingmobiles, boom boxes on wheels, or any variation there of where your need for that 100A altinator is to power any device that is connected to speakers.

Contrary to popular belief, 99.9% of the other drivers out there do not care to hear your music. It's a lot like to girl who wears tooo much perfume....if you smell her before you see her....she is wearing tooo much.

Here in CA, if I can hear your music from more that 50' away, the state allows me to award you a citation for your display of audio power. First offense is usually about $75. It goes up after the first one. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]

With that said....Hi Eddie and welcome.

33" tires? Most likely you are running stock gears and drivetrain. What engine and tranny do you have? What kind of lift? What part of CA?

And are you really wanting to do some offroading or, are you just looking for the offroad look? If your going for the look...throw on some ARB or Warn bumpers, extra lights, CB antenna and carry a bucket of mud to throw on the jeep every morning and most girls won't know the difference.

But if your really serious....answer the above questions...give us an idea of budget and your mechanical abilities and we can change your outlook on life in not time.....not to mention, pick up some really cool chicks....I'll let you in on a little known secret....most decent girls actually prefer to go offroading and camping than driving around town in boom boxes.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 06:55 AM
Addict

You know a sound system isnt always a rolling boom box. I like quality sound in my vehicles and have won sq competitions in the past. sq is not about whats loudest its about whats clearest. This is a jeep forum and shouldnt anyone be able to customize theyre jeeps any way they want? without everyone elses idea of the perfect jeep getting in the way? He's a kid... he wants music. jeeze werent you ever young? so much negativity here all the time, everybody at everyones throats about whats right and whats not for a jeep. Anything you wanna do to your jeep is right kid if you like it. Just as long as its still a jeep. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] love jeeps!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Relax Broken,

He want's to be cool, fine that is all well and good. It is just a well known fact that stock Jeeps with loud music are not USUALLY considered cool. Just like low riders, there are much better foundations for that. However, some still do, and that is thier chioce.

First of all Eddie, let us know what you have and approx where you live. That will give us some idea what you might want to wheel with, and get the Jeep more Manly (Sp?). BTW: If you want a really loud, nice sound system, make sure you have a really loud, nice expensive alarm, since stereos don't last long in Jeeps, especially if you advertise.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 11:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes...I was a kid once...thats why my kids can't get away with some of the tricks they try....I know them all....(and did most of them)

I'm not ragging on you Broken, nor am I going to tell you what to do with your jeep...and I appreceate the fact that you prefer quality over quantity....In this case we are both exercising our 1st amendment rights to free speach (ok, free writing)....You should be aware that I have an extensive electronics background....including audio. I have an old Kenwood reciever that is most likely older than you...and still works...and overall sounds better than my new wazu Kenwood....(but I prefer the remote control vs manual...gota get up off my ass..control). My hearing is still excellent, hence, on my 100A stereo, I never go above 25% volume to have outstanding sound an quality.....ok, so I prefer to listen to Yani and Enya vs P Daddy....

Or, look at it this way....if you have more money in your stereo than in off road mods for you jeep....It is them my 'opinion' that your priorities are wrong...but that is my opinion....which, as we all know is like a** holes, everyone has one.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 11:22 AM
Way Outta Control

If you want good sound and don't want the system ripped off then get<ul type="square">[*] a good Tuffy console for the electronics[*]Dump the woofers and the speaker enclosures[*]Get a set of Fiero Seats with speaker in the headrests.[*]They fully recline.[*]speakers have great sound quality.[*]The seat is more comfortable than OEM stock Seats.[*]The speakers are very unobtrusive, it is very hard to steal the speakers.[*]Extra Dash/tub/roll bar area for mounting other, more fun, stuff.[*]Less cost than after-market Seats, sound-bars, speaker wedges, etc.[*]Rear passengers can hear the speakers.[*]You save total cabin area![*]You can hear your tunes at 70mph with the hard top off![*]When you roll to a stop you won't attract police by exceeding db/Feet laws. That is always a plus[/list]Remember that good acoustics in an open top Jeep just don't exist without a lot of effort/cost/engineering.<ul type="square">[*]There's too much road noise,[*]There's a VERY high theft rate.[*]IMHO... you might as well flush you money into the sewer...[*]High End Electronics in a Jeep just ain't a good idea,[*]Unless the Jeep's always manned,[*]Never gets caught in the rain,[*]And doesn't move...[*]It will always be a disappointment.[/list]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Veteran

[ QUOTE ]
You know a sound system isnt always a rolling boom box.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've developed a solution to those that ARE a rolling boom box.

"I don't like your music and I don't want to hear it but since you are forcing it upon me at RIDICULOUS levels when you pull up beside me, I'd much rather listen to my compressor backed tractor/trailer horn."

Simple fix, and a long blast usually gets the desired response. Turn down your effin stereo. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Veteran

No offense to anyone here, just something to think about.

I have more money in my hearing aids, than my entire Jeep(ster). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Take care of your hearing, because if you don't, nobody wants to talk to a deaf person.

And that's no joke!

WHAT DID YOU SAY? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode