Winch question - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 06:07 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: Winch question

Frankie--great to see you on here!! How's the wife getting along dealing with both the pregnancy and your Jeep sickness? I love my Warn, but know Jeff's been happy with the T-Max performance. I'd try to find a good used Warn if I were in the market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 07:07 AM
Can't Get Enough

[ QUOTE ]
Is this to be a Donny Baker inside joke? If so you wanna buy a boat man?
John

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be the one, and no I don't.
Franco618 (aka: Frankie, aka: Toby's son) does a perfect Donny Baker. Had us all rolling at Tom's a few weeks ago.
Good to see you on here, man. Jim said you'd been lurking, but it's about time you jumped in.
Can't help with the winch question since I've yet to part with that much $$$, but wanted to say hey and welcome to the board.
post #13 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 10:45 AM
Addict

"I swear to God man" it's good to see you on the board! Tell Toby to visit once in awhile. His name is mentioned occasionaly here. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Old Hand

I bought a new Warn X8000i and am veryyyy happy with it ( wish I could have afforded the 8274). It was my first major mod to my Jeep. The only problems I've had with it were dirty battery terminals, other than that it's preformed flawlessly. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
post #15 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 12:54 PM

I had friends who all went out to buy the Costco $600 bones special when they got a crate of them.

I opted for the used and abused $400 8274.

I had to build a special mount, theirs came with it.

When we were all putting out winches together, they were OoO-ing and AaA-ing about how theirs had more linespeed, more weight capacity, more this, more that. I just smiled and said "sure"

In real world trials, they have had nothing but problems with them, about all 40 people who bought the cheapie winch. From burning them up, to a serious lack of performance.

Moral of the story, if you can't afford a new 8274, buy used. These things hardly ever get used, and are fairly bomb proof. They are also very very reasonable when you buy them from Farmer Joe.
post #16 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

What,s up G-Money?! sorry I didnt get back with you sooner but I have been working too much to sit and play on the computer. Ive narrowed my search and its either going to be the Warn xd9000i if I can get a used one, or the Warn m8000, its cheaper-even brand new, and has comparable specs. I'd still like to have the bigger one though, I swear to God I would! Let you know how it turns out...probably by next week. MUST....HAVE...NEW...JEEP...STUFF [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bow.gif[/img]
L8R
Franco (or Frankie, or Francis, Toby Jr, Donnie, etc)

PS. Cant wait to get together again. I had a BLAST! swear to God i did
post #17 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Hey Sweetpea!
How you doin? Jess wanted me to thank you and everyone else for a great time at Redbird. We both cant wait to see everybody again! She's even talking about getting her own Jeep (for some reason she's partial to those square headlighted thingies [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]). She's doing well and the morning sickness has finally subsided (THANK GOD!!!!) so next time she can really get into the wheelin'. We are trying to see if we can coordinate our work schedules (and her Reserve schedule) so that we can make the cracker's Neck weekend in mid-Oct in Tenn/NC. Hope to hear from you soon and let us know if you guys are gonna get together again and we'll do our best to make it there, Sweat to God we will! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] L8R
post #18 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 09:22 PM

you got 3 hours jump on it. talk about serious winching power!
post #19 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 09:23 PM

Doh,

forgot the post

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WARN-M150...1QQcmdZViewItem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode