KY Outback - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

KY Outback

Looks like KY Outback is having some issues.

<u>KY Outback Adventure Park Is Temporarily Closed</u>

It's a really great place and they have had a hard time getting started.

If things work out I still want to go there sometime in October. Just the drive from Cincinnati is great, after you get on the trail, beautiful. It is worth the drive.

Heck I'll suck up and try to go even if it's closed. Might not be able to pull that off, but I'm willing to try.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Dale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 08:14 PM

Re: KY Outback

Sounds like it would be in your best interest to go to the hearing Dale. (and bring friends) Sounds like he could use all the help he could get.

Soooo........

Why not round up a posse and take all the people you can get in a few vehicles down to support him. That would be an awesome thing to do to help the cause.
Care to try to get something going if that dates open?

(no I wasn't trying to elect you for something , just sounded like a good thing to do if you had the time/money)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Can't Get Enough

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like it would be in your best interest to go to the hearing Dale. (and bring friends) Sounds like he could use all the help he could get.

Soooo........

Why not round up a posse and take all the people you can get in a few vehicles down to support him. That would be an awesome thing to do to help the cause.
Care to try to get something going if that dates open?

(no I wasn't trying to elect you for something , just sounded like a good thing to do if you had the time/money)

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img] Dave.

Okay, since DD does not want to put Dale 'on-the-spot', I will... I hereby nominate our ever-cantankerous Dale [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/codger.gif[/img] ( [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ) - aka OlllllllOCJ - as our representative @ subject hearing. I cannot think of a more forceful board member to well-represent our interests. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

From the website link in Dale's post...: [ QUOTE ]
Lewis County has determined that our business requires a "Place of Entertainment" license.

KY Outback Adventure Park has applied for the Entertainment License and the hearing has been scheduled for September 15th at 3:00 PM to determine if we are to receive it.

The hearing is set for September 15, 2005 at 3:00 PM at the Lewis Country Courthouse, located at 514 Second Street, Vanceburg, KY in the Fiscal Court meeting room on the third floor. If you have been to our park and would like to attend the meeting we would appreciate your support. We believe that our neighbor (the individual that would like the park shut down) will have a number of people there speaking on his behalf and against the park. If you would like to speak on behalf of the park, we ask that you contact us either by phone at 859-635-3058 or by email at [email protected] and let us know. Our attorney would like to speak with people to determine who he will be presenting as speakers.

If you cannot make the hearing but would still like to support the park you can contact the county administrators and let them know how you feel by sending them faxes, e-mails or letters. The contact information for the County Judge Executive is :

Mr. Steven Applegate
County Judge Executive, Lewis County
514 Second Street
Vanceburg, KY 41179
e-mail: [email protected]
Fax: 606-796-0822

We would like to show the County Adminstration that the off road park is good for the entire Lewis County community. Please let them know where you are from and if you frequented other local businesses when you were in town. If you send an e-mail or letter, we ask that you send us a copy for our records.

We are providing this contact information so that you can show the County Administrators your support for the off road park. <font color="red">Mr. Applegate is a very busy man and we ask that you <u>please not call him directly or harass him in any way.</u></font>

Emphasis supplied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get writin' guys! NICELY, mind you!

Dale, if I can swing it, I'll try to make it up there for the hearing... gotta go to Frankfort to do a state employment application anyhow, might as well '[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] 2 birds in same trip'. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] 'Sides, about time we met up anyhow. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

The thought did cross my mind. But can I afford to take the day off and buy enough gas for the 400 mile round trip? I'm real sure what both of my CFO's answer would be (not like I'm brave enough to mention it).

Let's all just e-mail: [email protected]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Dale
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 10:07 PM

Tried to do that here once,
County passed a law requiring libality insurance we could not afford...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's all just e-mail: [email protected]

[/ QUOTE ]

Done. Who else?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 08:18 AM

But . . . .

The original message was received at Fri, 9 Sep 2005 09:00:04 -0400

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
&lt;[email protected]&gt;
(reason: 550 5.1.1 &lt;[email protected]&gt; User unknown; rejecting)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Can't Get Enough

here is the correct address that was just emailed out by KY ORV Park

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode