Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   Pop's 48 (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/212432-pops-48-a.html)

zdpzimmer68 09-06-2005 09:16 PM

Pop\'s 48

1 Attachment(s)
Went running a few trails with Pop this past weekend, it was fun riding around on a beautiful weekend.

lomodyj 09-06-2005 09:18 PM

Re: Pop\'s 48

You can almost see the boner on the "mini-van-dad" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Junk Yard Genius 09-06-2005 10:31 PM

YAH BABY!

That's what I'm talking about!
Not some plastic Barbie 'Jeep'...

But a real, honest to God, steel Jeep!

(mini-van guy isn't the only one with a boner!)

You just GOT to love it!
Generators, mechanical voltage regulators, points ignition, 6 Volts, No power do-dads to aggravate you!
Just you and the Jeep!
I'd say by the looks of it, the windshield wipers are even manual!

Pap seems to be happy with the affair! Good man! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

LEVE 09-06-2005 11:12 PM

I want it!

JimmyZ 09-08-2005 12:37 PM

The K.I.S.S. principle to the max. Fine as frog's hair. And slicker than snail snot too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

mbalbritton 09-08-2005 12:39 PM

God I love to have one JUST LIKE THAT! just to tool around in... SWEET!

Timber 09-08-2005 12:45 PM

You know I think there's enough resources, that we could build one to exact OEM specs.

Then we could raffle it off, to all of us that put money forward to have it build! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

MTPockets 09-08-2005 04:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The looks you get when you wheel with an "old timer" (the Jeep, not the driver). Here is a picture (not really good) of my dad's friend's 48 2A and my TJ in Grayling, MI.

Jim_Lou 09-08-2005 05:32 PM

I would really like to have a flat hood. Had one once about 35 years ago. I think I bought it for $100 and within a few days somebody offered me $200. I didn't have a job so I took it. Drat!

Dirt Dog 09-08-2005 08:09 PM

Awesome. I would swear you lived by me. There is one JUST(!!!!) like it down to the color I see with an older gentleman driving it all the time. And yes I have to pull over to the curb each time due to lack of bloodflow to the head due to the chubby. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (better safe than sorry) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]