Do you have a 'Jeep', or a Dedicated Vehicle? - Page 6 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Re: Do you have a \'Jeep\', or a Dedicated Vehicle?

I guess I DO HAVE mental health issues...
I have 4 Jeeps in the back yard, and if that doesn't count as mental illness, I don't know what would!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I didnt read the whole post, so im just going to say what i think about my CJ. It was orginal bought to take the dog hunting. Then i went wheeling once. Started with lift and tires, then rears, and i had a list of things i wanted to do. But i relized something last summer, she is more then capable of running 70 down the highway (just cant pass a gas station), great summer ride (nothing better then no top and doors), she works around the yard, great stump puller (i have pulled more bushes out with the winch, then i have vechiles), its still kinda legal in New Jersey, starts evertime i go to start her (knock on wood), still fits in my garage (barely), and will go anywhere around me.

When i was coming home from the spring bash, i relized that me jeep went everywhere i thought it would and more. So that made me feel good, that i had built it this way and it worked.

So i plan to leave it the way it is, 33,s 4in springs, 9in out back and a 44 in the front. Well maybe not all the way it is, i still want to stuff a stang 5.0 under the hood. I dont really have any reason too, other then i want to do it.

Well back to working on the house.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #53 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 07:00 PM
Addict

Is lying under your jeep for hours with your arms folded just looking for things to fix considered a sickness?
just checking....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 10:23 PM

Not sure but I think that puts you on the "Dedicated Vehicle" list...
Keith
post #55 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 12:15 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

[ QUOTE ]
Is lying under your jeep for hours with your arms folded just looking for things to fix considered a sickness?

[/ QUOTE ]

No...It's a Jeep things that simply needs to be done once in a while... and sometimes while holding a frosty beverage of your choice. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Since the purchase of my Jeep I've worked hard to make it a more worthy rig. It is my daily driver when it's not pouring, and sometimes when it is with the aid of a bikini top and half doors. I often have folks look over what I've done and tell me how they would have gone the extra mile to make it bigger or badder. I take it in stride because I've been extremely pleased with it's performance this summer as I have become to person to call when others get stuck. It's not perfect but seems to be working well so far.

I had big plans for this winter.. either a tub swap or axle re-gearing with lockers. Not going to happen. I've got a baby on the way, so most likely my only mod will be to add a front hoop and extend the rear portion of the roll cage so I can have a safe place for him or her to ride next summer for a lazy stroll down the river bed. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My wants will have to wait while I tend to the needs of my family. For instance..I want beadlocks..but mounted my 35 12.50s on my existing 8 inch rims to keep them seated at 3-5psi. Seems to be working just fine. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #56 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 09:06 AM
Journeyman

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img]

Iím gonna have to start checking out this board more often. This is a great topic.

Iím with Junk Yard here, I donít need a lot of the stuff that is promoted in the magazines.

I can still pile all my camping gear and fishing poles in my jeep and head out to the river. I can pile enough firewood in the back to last all night and not worry about scratching it up.

Since I bought my current Jeep (third one), I have spent under 100 bucks on it, and am having a great time.

Why do I need to spend thousands on it when the real reason I drive a jeep is to have the wind blowing through my hair, and becoming one with nature? Thereís something invigorating about freezing your tailbone off in the morning, and sweating in the afternoon. Its great to drive in the rain with no top, or listen to the rain on a soft top.

Its about driving down the old roads and seeing the sights off the beaten path. Its about being your own person, not running with the masses on the paved roads.

And I can still work on it myself.
post #57 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Can't Get Enough

[ QUOTE ]
just checking....

[/ QUOTE ]

um... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bag.gif[/img]...A friend of mine would like to know also.

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure but I think that puts you on the "Dedicated Vehicle" list...
Keith

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow good...I mean that will ease his mind.

[ QUOTE ]
No...It's a Jeep things that simply needs to be done once in a while... and sometimes while holding a frosty beverage of your choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quality time!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode