Hi to all! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 05:37 PM
())=YJ=())

Hi to all!

Bought a '93 yj wrangler a few months back and have been steadily fixing and trying to bring things up to date a bit. Poor thing... Nobody ever took care of it, or did anything to help it along.

It still had the factory shocks and stabilizer. I just put a 2" lift and new oil in the differentials, greased it up, tuned it and changed the oil.

I ordered new Super Swampers and procomp wheels from tirepackage.com. They should be here soon [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I absolutley love this thing. I put an a$$kicking pioneer soundsystem with 4 new speakers and tuner. I think I'm hooked. I don't ever want to be without my JEEP!!!

Just wanted to say hi. Don't flame me too bad.

Hope to get lot's of good advice from all the vets in the near future.

peace [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Hi to all!

Welcome to the board.
Lots of fellow Hoosiers on here, so getting a chance to test out those swampers shouldn't be too diffucult.
Where in IN are you?

[ QUOTE ]
Hope to get lot's of good advice

[/ QUOTE ]
That you certainly will do if you come here often and read all of the great tech offered. And ask all the questions you want. Of course, use the search function at the top first, as most typical questions have been covered numerous times. But if you can't find what you're looking for, don't hesitate to ask. This is by far the most informative, and friendly board online for Jeeps.
My only tip for you for starters is to keep the kickin' stereo turned down around parking lots and other public places. Jeeps are not exactly theft resistant, so there's no need to advertise what you have to any potential "shoppers". Oh, and keep it turned down if you happen to go past my house after 10:00PM also. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Again, welcome to the board and the wonderful, addicting world of Jeeps. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 06:25 PM

welcome........youll get some good tech from this bbs...... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 06:46 AM
())=YJ=())

Thanks for the kind words! It's nice to be welcomed into what seems to be an already very close community.

I live in north-central Indiana, about 100 yds. or so from the Michigan state line. I'm not too worried about the stereo getting ripped since I live in quiet suburbs and yj is garage kept.

I appreciate the advice though. I already have plans to build custom 1/4" steel rod grilles to keep thieves from taking my rear speakers though [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] so much to do... My girl thinks I'm obsessed... I think she's right!

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you all on the trail!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 11:53 AM
Veteran

Welcome, from a fellow Hoosier (South Bend area). This board is great and a wealth of information. Congrats on your purchase of a Jeep. I wouldn't trade mine for any other vehicle.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 03:36 PM
())=YJ=())

Hi there. South Bend area? Me too, I live in Granger. It's a small world isn't it? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 08:32 PM

Welcome to the BBS. BUT, be carefull. Andy (when home) doesn't live too far from you. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Not only is he up on charges for "jeep rape" (he's doing better these days) but rumor is he's always looking for a <font color="pink"> </font> tent buddy .

So be careful. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode