OT Bush you watching? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

OT Bush you watching?

Just updating my post on the gas shortage thread. Went to the store to see if our gas prices would actually drop after Gov. Sonny Perdue put our state's gas tax on a moratorium and guess what? From $3.19 to $2.84 at the stroke of midnight. I like to see action. Bush, you watching?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 06:20 AM
Can't Get Enough

Re: OT Bush you watching?

Indiana did that three summers ago when prices spiked. Seemed great at the time.
However, the following year they used the lost revenue from that as an excuse to raise property taxes 50%.
You aren't really saving that money on each gallon, you're just borrowing it from the state. Trust me, THEY WILL get it back from you one way or another.
But it does feel good now during the big push, and sure is good PR for the Governor that signs it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 07:33 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I heard the figure $400 million per day it would cost the state, counties, and towns to cancel the gas tax in Indiana. Like Tater says, they have to make it up someplace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Keyboard Implanted

what i thought might be a good idea.....is that since the tax is a percentage...goes up as the cost of gas goes... why cant they fix it at a level where itw as when the gas was 2.00....they still get revenue as if the gas prices hadnt changed, we get a small break......everyones happy?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 04:17 PM

You guys elected an oil man to the whitehouse, and then b!tch about fuel prices...

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 04:32 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Yes, you got it right. It's President Bush that wiped out refineries, ruined transportation capabilities, and in fact depending on who you listened to, caused the hurricane as well. In fact, the hurricane was just a cover story the Government perpetuated with the media, they really just faked it, the entire thing is just a massive conspiracy to raise the price of fuel. I wish people would start thinking about what they're saying and looking at the facts. Fact: Not enough refinery capability. Fact: When some refinery capability goes down, supply goes down. Fact: When supply goes down, demand stays the same, cost goes up. Fact: It's difficult to get a new plant built with all the excessive regulations combined with NIMBY attitudes prevalent in many places, most times it won't matter how much money is thrown at a problem.

What do you think will happen when they fix the price of fuel at a certain rate, if that's what you want? Don't you suspect there may be a decrease in supply? I do, because if they can sell it more profitably someplace else, they will. It's just what happens, since they're in business to make money and not in business simply for the common good. I don't see anything in the Constitution about cheap gasoline and diesel.

Now if a station is price gouging I recommend reporting them to the state's Attorney General to see if there's anything they can do about it. </font>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 12:44 AM
Way Outta Control

The hurricane obviously was caused by Washington - hurricanes are caused by hot air - where else can you find so much hot air and wind?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 01:29 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Yes I'm just sick enough to enjoy this thread so far. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Don't stop now....

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Dale
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Way Outta Control

Funny - Bush was a sports team owner. Why aren't folks complaining of refugees seeking refuge in the superdome - a sports facility?

Makes just as much sense as complaining that he's an oil man.

Good thing it didn't hurt peanut plantations, or Jimmy Carter would get blamed.

Smokers may start smoking again - Gore must have caused it.

It probably did hurt the movie industry, was this a Reagan plot that finally came to pass?

Maybe the consuption of Scotch will go up -- Hmmm, Kennedy? Did you have anything to do with this?

New Orleans has lots of black folks that were hit hard - Jesse Jackson - did you arrange this so you had something to complain about?

It may have drowned a wealthy woman - limiting Kerry's choices for his next wife, so it's obviously not his fault.

We'll find out who caused it yet!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 12:07 PM

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode