O/T Looters - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

O/T Looters

I seriously hope that these scum get what is coming to them; be it this life or next.

When the country is coming together to help an area devastated by Katrina - these scumbags are stealing TV's when they don't even have houses let alone ELECTRICITY to power them.

What absolute total scum.

Sean

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 08:20 AM

Re: O/T Looters

I have to agree.
I got caught up in the Floyd/Dennis flood on the NC coast back in '99. We saw the same thing then.
I don't think we had it as bad as it was a more rural area. A little different kind of folks. But it still rots. To loose darn near everything and then have some scum come take what is left.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 08:28 AM
Keyboard Implanted

i guess police were setting up distribution lines for food from stores, but the lines turned into a mob and looted a walmart or sometihng like that

i can kinda relate to people going for food....since many havent eaten in a few days, but the morons who walked out with computers instead of bags of bread....i really hope that catched up with them.....I'd love to see how they intend on getting the computers to somewhere safe w/o getting it wet. Come on natural selection!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 08:48 AM
Way Outta Control

It's a terrible situation. I'd like to say "Shoot on sight"... but I don't fault people trying to feed their families...

I do fault people who are looting to get gain... those you shoot now, ask questions later!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 08:52 AM
Keyboard Implanted

All I can say is

Martial Law

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 10:33 AM
Way Outta Control

[ QUOTE ]
All I can say is

Martial Law

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been placed under martial law
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 10:45 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[ QUOTE ]

It has been placed under martial law

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, and that is good
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 11:10 AM
Veteran

I agree somewhat about the effort to rebuild New Orleans, in such as dangerous area. It's like Forrest Gump's mother said, "Stupid is as stupid does."

Hopefully "IF" they rebulid it, they'll find a way to do it differently.

As far as the looting goes, it's very sad.

Temptation, is a horrible, ugly, thing.

And the devil is an expert at it, especially when people are at their weakest, and many of these people are very weak, even before Katrina.

If I were in their situation, I'd think I could do better, at least I hope I would.

But on a postive note, good always prevails. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

In the days to come, hopefully the media will report more on all the good that's being done. I guess for now the bad still outweighs the good. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the days to come, hopefully the media will report more on all the good that's being done. I guess for now the bad still outweighs the good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately the media will hardly ever or never show the good side, It just don't get ratings. The media makes its living on the bad and horrid. The more terrible they can make it look the better they like it. I can honestly say I have no respect for the media. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/violin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

I'm actually wondering if New Orleans will ever recover. The damage is so extreme and the desolation is so widespread - will anyone willingfully want to return there to rebuild? Do you guys think it will be a "Cut bait and run" situation where everyone says "screw it, I've had enough" turning New Orleans into an Unincorporated Town of 37 people instead of the million-or-so resident city it was.

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode