Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   Hurricane (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/212229-hurricane.html)

JeepnGreg 08-30-2005 01:02 PM

Hurricane

im sure anyone affected isnt going to be able to post, but does anyone know if we have jeepers on the board down there?

anyone closer south have a report?

hopefully everyone there is OK!!! , and those who are close are able to help in someway or an other

GP'n 08-30-2005 02:28 PM

Re: Hurricane

Not sure about Jeepers,, But I have a sister and a niece in Mobile that I have not been able to get in touch with. I hope they are alright.

upalittle 08-30-2005 02:33 PM

GP'n I hope they're alright, too. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

sweetpea 08-30-2005 05:42 PM

GPn , What Tom said and keep us posted.

kerryp 08-30-2005 07:39 PM

Hope all works out for your family members, I've been trying to reach a friend of mine that lives right outside New Orleans, Phones will probably be dpwn for a while there,,,,support the red cross people they need it bad right now,,,,,

RRich 08-30-2005 09:17 PM

Whenever there's a problem like this anywhere in the world, we send aid, rescue teams etc.

Where are they other contries teams now?

Where's the UN?

We gotta remember this next time they could use help.

JeepnGreg 08-30-2005 09:38 PM

yea, i've often wondered that myself, why dont other countries raise money for us????

my mom tried raising money for a Cancer thing she was workign with, so she mentioned it to our family that lives in Belgium still....and they were appalled that we dare ask for money...its a totally different mindset.....people dont really raise money for charity and good causes. I like the American way better.

for this hurricane we need to get a bunch of empty Barges that we use to haul stuff up and down the mississip and start hauling people instead.... not sure where i can go about suggesting that though, not sure how far that dome is from the river either....

asked my boss and he said i'd have to use vacation time to go lend a hand down there, and i dont have enough left, would leave and have to turn around to get back in time for work.

They're gonna need Medical trained people, Radio Operators, and all sorts of other stuff....

this blows my mind looking at all these pictures, I cant even begin to imagine

thorjeep 08-30-2005 10:57 PM

Truck driver buddy is out here, his wife and kids made Shreveport. The leve (Stay out of New Orleans LEVE!) broke in his area, 3 weeks before he can take a look!

dsquare 08-30-2005 11:53 PM

i have a cousin in biloxi and i finally got ahold of her. She works at a hospital and everyone there is trapped inside. she said at least until tom.

Timber 08-31-2005 12:31 AM

Timber here, from over on the Jeepster board, hope I'm not intruding here.

In the days to come, let's all hope we can find a way to help these people.