Rally at the Capitol - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-03-1999, 02:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rally at the Capitol

From seeing the positive response to the Grim-Reapers post and the support to the rally in DC, I'm not sure who brought it up but it snowballed from what I posted last night (Nov 2), I will voluntare to help organize this. I know that jeep131 said in his post that he would help. I would like anybody in any clubs to bring this up to their club so that we can get more support. I also like utahjeepers idea of 50 smaller rallies in all the state capitols. This would be easier for people to attend. I think that one day every year would be great. I still think that it would be good to make it to DC, but I know that is difficult for alot of west coast guys. As for the toothless idiot getting interviewed all we would need to do is to keep them away and let the president of the club speak for the group. Also I think it would be a bad thing to have alcohol and guns at aany of these rallies. Please email me, or post any good ideas. I will try to get in contact with the blue ribbon coalition and the united four wheel drive association, and tread lightly if everbody is interested.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-03-1999, 02:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Rally at the Capitol

What happened to the original thread on this subject? Am I just blind or is it gone?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-03-1999, 02:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The thing that started it all was a post by Grim-Reaper on Tellico. I then made a post saying "Grim-Reapers Post--READ IT", and
that's where all the discussion started. I love the idea, and I'm glad someone has the time, contacts and energy to run with it. Like
I said TIM, I'm going to bring this up at the next Rock Garden meeting on Tuesday, other clubs need to get it going to. But, yes,
we do need a center to get this organized thru, so thanks TIM.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-03-1999, 03:26 PM
jeeper131

I posted this on the grim reaper string, but i'll repeat it here. I sent emails to the editor of offroad.com, WARN and Blue ribbon coalition (will send more, but that was all I had time for before classes). I recieved a responce from Norm Lenhart of Offroad.com expressing interest and he wants to be kept up to date. I haven't recieved a responce from the other two, but then I only sent the emails this morning. What we need is a club or organization that is willing to step up and start organizing this. If we don't centralize this it will never get organized. I'm not a part of any club as I haven't had the time to offroad, and my rigs been incapacitaded after an engine fire, but I'm willing to give what time I have.

My emails are [email protected] and [email protected], my ICQ is 23420908.
Contact me if interested. Lets get this rolling!

MudFlap 87 YJ POS!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-03-1999, 07:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I also posted this on the grim reaper string, so it seems that the reaper is more popular, but I have been in contact with Four Wheeler, Tread Lightly, and the United four Wheel Drive association. Maybe it would be easier to only have on post to post this on. We probably should stay with the original. I'll keep you informed.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-03-1999, 07:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Try sending one to pyt.org, i don't know the email address but they are a large, active orginization in Wisconsin. I'm sure they'd be interested, gotta run, I have a Calc test in 13 minutes

Nick Hagen
1995 Wrangler
33" Mud Tires and a four banger
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-03-1999, 08:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey if there is anything that I can do to help I would be glad to do it. If you guys want a site, I can make and host one?? thats what I do to earn a living, lol... If you need examples just ask... I was thinking that mabey we could make a site just centered on this issue for now, but could expand it when other such threats arise? don't know what do you think? I don't know enough to do the subject matter myself...

Keep on fighting,
Peter Lombardi
'89 YJ

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-03-1999, 09:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the offer!!! A web page would be great. Lets get some ideas for it flowing boys and girls. This could really help us get support from big organizations.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-03-1999, 09:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thats what I was thinking, we would have a msg board as a definite, I was thinking like interviews w/ local politicians and such on the subject, how about a rumors board, but that might be bad, a place for updates on the rallies, sign ups for rallies ( different states, and the capitol one) we could have maps for the easiest and quickest ways to get to the state and US capitols, stuff like that, a place for the opinions of the big 4wheel companies, links to all the companies and organizations thats support us (might bring them business, could sell that point), stuff like that....

Peter Lombardi
'89 YJ

post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-03-1999, 09:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OK. That's a good start. I like the signup for the rallies, but that rumor board might be bad. On the message board we could have a special land issue section to inform everybody of possible closers or better yet trail cleanups. Lets get the ideas flowing.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode