Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   i ordered my lift and wheels!! (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/208957-i-ordered-my-lift-wheels.html)

FOURBYJEDI 05-21-2005 09:32 PM

i ordered my lift and wheels!!

I am going from stock 31" tires to 33"mud terrain tires with a 3 inch puck kit spindle lift. will my factory 4.11 gear ratio be ok? will the jeep seem weaker than before,is this going to hurt my jeep in any way? suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated. thanks

JBTater 05-21-2005 10:07 PM

Re: i ordered my lift and wheels!!

[ QUOTE ]
a 3 inch puck kit spindle lift.

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF????

[ QUOTE ]
will my factory 4.11 gear ratio be ok?

[/ QUOTE ]
What engine/tranny do you have?

[ QUOTE ]
will the jeep seem weaker than before,

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
is this going to hurt my jeep in any way?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.
If your "puck spindle lift" means coil spacers 3" tall, then your steering geometry is going to be screwed up.
If your "puck spindle lift" means a 3" body lift, cancel your order and change your plans.
Add a little more detail to your profile and this post.

FOURBYJEDI 05-22-2005 12:10 PM

It is not a body lift, and the pucks that compress the springs are not 3 inches tall.It was explained to me that the ride would be similar and I would be able to have 33x12.50's with out rubbing. kind of the budget way to do it I know, this is my every day driver and I have a baby on the way. at least it wont look like a girls jeep anymore...

FOURBYJEDI 05-22-2005 12:13 PM

oh yeah and it has the inline 6 and as far as the tranny goes-whatever stock 2000 wrangler tranny they used at assembly I guess.. as far as me losing power turning these larger tires-could you suggest some mods that are budget friendly and will help me regain some power??

GP'n 05-22-2005 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
inline 6 and as far as the tranny goes-whatever stock 2000 wrangler tranny they used at assembly I guess.. as far as me losing power turning these larger tires-could you suggest some mods that are budget friendly and will help me regain some power??

[/ QUOTE ]

With the inline six you will be ok with the 33x12.50's the 4:10 will keep you in the power band. You may loose a little on the overdrive(5th gear).You wont want to pass on the highway without a long empty run [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Raduckal 05-22-2005 01:14 PM

Except for the Rubicon, I was not aware of the Wrangler (stock) having 4:11 gears and the 6 cyl.

mav750 05-22-2005 01:37 PM

The lowest ratio that i knew of with the 4.0 was 3.73.

lomodyj 05-22-2005 01:39 PM

I think YJ's with the 4.0 had 3.07's.

FOURBYJEDI 05-22-2005 02:17 PM

I looked up the specs on the 2001 wrangler and it says 4:11, How about squeezing some low budget extra power out of it?any ideas??

Raduckal 05-22-2005 02:40 PM

I bet that's for the 4 cylinder and you have a 3.07.