Got my New Tub!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Got my New Tub!!!

Well, I went ahead and picked up one of the $600 fiberglass tubs in GA. I rented a pickup from Enterprise and drove 700 miles round trip. I'm sure the Enterprise guy was pretty pissed when the checked the mileage this morning.
This place in Georgia has a TON of parts. They don't have Jeeps you pull parts off of, but they have bodies, doors, seats, all kinds of dashboards, gauges with full harnessess, and a ton more. I picked up the tub for $600, two pairs of seat brackets for $40 total, and a gas cap mount thing for $5. The seat brackets are the kind that 4WD sells for like $50 a pair for the older model CJ5's. They have a bunch of bodies left. Some of them are for later model CJ 5's and some for early ones. Most of them have some scratches on one side, but other than that, they are nice.
So, I've got the tub sitting in my backyard, have the wiring harness on the way. All I need now are the tail lights, seats, and a mounting kit for the tub.

I can't believe how much I saved. The pickup cost $45 for the day and $75 for gas. Not too shabby.

Later all

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 11:11 AM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Got my New Tub!!!

well lets see some picks of that bad boy
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 11:38 AM

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif[/img]

I wouldn't worry too much about Enterprise. I've rented cars from them telling them I'm driving it around town, then put around 1200 miles on it in a weekend [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 07:23 AM
jemjr

Would like to hear your opinion on the quality of this tub!

Thanks
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 08:09 AM
Stranger

Where in Georgia is this place located?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

The tub seems very sturdy. Granted, I have nothing to compare it to, but it's heavy and has some wood boards for support.
The tubs for 76-up CJ5's were really nice. Some were painted, and some had the holes already drilled in them for mounting.
All of the early model tubs were white and have an open rear area. The later model ones had a different setup with the wheel wells and the rear area. I don't know what the stock later model tubs look like. I wish I had a digital camera because I would have snapped some pics of the tubs and other goodies there.

The place is in Zebulon, GA, which is about an hour south of Atlanta. It doesn't look like much as you drive down the driveway, but they have a bunch of parts and semi trailers full of parts.
Apparently the owner, Don, bought up all of the inventory of a shop in FL that made the tubs and dashes and went bankrupt.
The newer tubs were about a quarter inch thick if not slightly more in the floor.
I'll get some pics shortly and try to take them as the tub swap goes along.

Sean
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Veteran

Here are the ebay links for the tubs...

Steel tubs

Glass tubs

-web
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode