Weird Warn Hub - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Weird Warn Hub

See if anyone has seen this before.
Took my jeep in to get re-geared, and lockers install. I Have thw Warn Full-floaters in the rear that have Warn hubs on the end. Well, the shop gave it to me in 4wd, when I got it back in 2wd, it would not run. We forund the rear hubs were not engaging. When taken apart, it looks as if the star washer that spins on the knob was pressed against the outer side of the hub, where it could not engage. If you know hubs, picture turning the knob to engage, the star washer comes in on the knob screw and engages the axle. Now bend the star washer to the outer side of the hub, thereby the knob says engaged, but the star washer is bent in the disengage position. The shop person says he just unbolted the hubs and pulled thaxles, and reversed the process back. I am not sure of this, sounds like someone did something as everthing worked fine when I dropped it off. But again, these hubs may have been this way without my noticing.

I will try to get pics. Thanks for any help in this mystery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 12:50 AM
Way Outta Control

Re: Weird Warn Hub

Not sure - but it sounds like he wasn't careful to align it before tightening it down. He had it in the 4wd position, but not lined up, then when he used the impact to tighten it he bent it up.

He knows what he did - IF he knows anything about them. He owes you a set of hubs.

And worse yet - since he didn't even know how to put hubs on properly, that would make me wonder about his ability setting up the gears and lockers.

Incompetance is rampant!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode