Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
MOX
Old Hand

O/T Unlimited Rubi Rollin on Dubs

Found this Gem while shoppin for my new Jeep

Unlimited Rubi On Dubs

I'd buy it.... you know that thing hasnt even seen a gravel road, sell them rims and you prob. got ur new tires, rims and lift right there......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: O/T Unlimited Rubi Rollin on Dubs

Nothing I like more than crome tube bumpers and nerf bars. Oh and the crome protective light covers.... cause we are all tired of breaking headlights And I know those little 14 guage crome screens covering the brake lights are going to keep me from breaking them. Especially when I back it up into that 4 foot rock on Hellicopter pad.
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/30.gif[/img]

The TJ is a great off road vehicle, it's a great on road vehicle, but it is breading a new "yuppy jeeper". They are the guys I see driving in downtown Charlotte in a CLEAN TJ with every piece of bolt on crap they can find. I saw one guy with 31" tires on a stocker and it had a snorkel..... that was his first mod....... a snorkel..... I think he honestly believed that made him "hardcore" and that grump old, unshaved, filthy, dirty, nasty, drunken bastards, in nasty, crappy, dirty, old, CJ's with angle iron, tube, and scrap metal welded to it, would wave and give him a great deal of respect for having a snorkel in downtown Charlotte. These are the same "blue shirts" I see and hear about in my uncles shop. One guy ordered a set of Big Daddy rock sliders and when shipped, one obtained a scratch. It was on the underside and was less than one inch long. He wanted it replaced. Saying, "if it's going to have a scratch, I want to be the one to scratch it first". It was replaced without question.

OK, I feel a little better now......
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 10:13 AM
Keyboard Implanted

There is a new phenomenon on the trails also. Starting to see lot's of Rubis with shiny new Warn bumpers and shiny new Warn Winches, with shiny new wheelers behind the shiny new stearing wheels...Many of them are out on the trail alone, and wheeling for the first time...Their shiny new Jeep is trail rated and the kind folks at 4WD hardware sent them all the cool stuff they needed to modify their Jeep and make it hard core...I love that the Rubi is bringing new folks into the sport...but, it is creating over confidence in too many...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[ QUOTE ]
There is a new phenomenon on the trails also. Starting to see lot's of Rubis with shiny new Warn bumpers and shiny new Warn Winches, with shiny new wheelers behind the shiny new stearing wheels...Many of them are out on the trail alone, and wheeling for the first time...Their shiny new Jeep is trail rated and the kind folks at 4WD hardware sent them all the cool stuff they needed to modify their Jeep and make it hard core...I love that the Rubi is bringing new folks into the sport...but, it is creating over confidence in too many...

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to see the noobies on the trail (uwharrie is stacked with them). I like to see warn bumpers and winches and usefull stuff. I do URE alone lots of times in my junk cj-5. It gets exciting once in a while when I cant get it to restart [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

There is a group about 2 1/2 hours south of me, on the coast, that has LOTS of TJ's. They are all "bolt on junkies", they will bolt anything on a Jeep if it will fit, need it or not. If I (we) see that group on a trail, we turn around right away and go in a different direction. I have a spy that goes to their club meetings to inform the rest of us of where they will be, so that we don't wheel in the same place on the same weekend. They give a new meaning to "The Slow and The Stupid".
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Can't Get Enough

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful there buckshot, your about to be riding in one of those shiny new fangled Rubi's all the way to Indiana [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/neener.gif[/img]

I have seen way to many blinged Jeeps lately, but you know, its their jeep, I don't like it, and hate to see it, but hey, to each his own....

and your right about alot more prople getting into the sport because they buy of-road pkg vehicles and think they are good to go,,,,,ufortuntaly, can't do much about it except to try and take them in and educate them on the right way to do things.....

as for bolt ons, I have semi-built two jeeps prior to this one, and I don't have the time or place to do that anymore, and since some bolt ons are well engineered, I just buy the bolt on and use it (i.e. skid plate/tummy tucker),,,my next mod is going to be some chrome curb feelers, I figure I can bolt those on and feel my way through the rocks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Keyboard Implanted

yeah, get the snorkel Kerry.... it's way cool ....

Bring it over to my place so we can bolt it on and cruise Independance Blvd. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Can't Get Enough

[ QUOTE ]

I have a spy that goes to their club meetings to inform the rest of us of where they will be,

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bag.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Can't Get Enough

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, get the snorkel Kerry.... it's way cool ....

Bring it over to my place so we can bolt it on and cruise Independance Blvd. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, but I don't want to cut a hole in te body, can we just use double sided sticky tape and tape it there, you know make it a faux snorkel???

By the way for all you rednecks, faux (fo) means, fake, simulated, etc....thats you word of the day, use it in a sentence. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Yup, we'll faux it up good.

You see, it dosen't matter so much if it has a good seal to the engine. Really dosen't need to be hooked up. What matters is the little piece on the top end of it. It has to be kinda square and pointed twards the rear of the Jeep. That's where you put the "bling" sticker. It has to say K&N or ARB. It's OK to have the duct work sticking way out on the drivers side too. Snorkel tubes are indestructable, yes, of course they are, when was the last time you saw one ripped off the side of a Jeep cause they scraped it on one of those nasty embankments at Tellico, or Uwharrie. CJ's and built TJ's that wheel usually have scratches (rock stripes) or dents in the sides of the tubs and hoods. But not any of those snorkeled TJ's in Charlotte. That's because the snorkel is indestructable and protects the sides of Jeep.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The TJ is a great off road vehicle, it's a great on road vehicle, but it is breading a new "yuppy jeeper".

[/ QUOTE ]

TJ drivers are such wimps.....if i ever meet one im going to crack his/her skull [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode