O/T...working on jeep. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 02:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

O/T...working on jeep.

Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests:

I decide to work on my jeep.

As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the hall table.

I decide to go through the mail before I work on the jeep.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the trash can under the table, and notice that the trash can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only one check left

My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the coke a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day: the jeep isn’t fixed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 02:57 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: O/T...working on jeep.

That sounds like a typical day for me. I can tell you from experience, unlike wine, [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]it doesn't get any better with age.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 09:26 PM

Seems normal to me... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/codger.gif[/img]

Of course- once you do get to work on the jeep...it's a constant game of "Where did I set that wrench?"

You know those adult ADD ads...they speak to me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Addict

I laughed so hard because that's me. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/codger.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Well I'm no adult, but I lose things all the time. I was working on my Jeep at Greg's fraternity house one day, had the wheel off and did some work, and I lost the lug nuts. Then I spent 30 minutes taking everything out of the Jeep and laying it out real nice, still couldn't find them. In the process of the whole day I was constantly saying "where did I put......" I really do have a problem.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2005, 12:33 AM

Location: Selma,CA in the middle of the vineyards, Central California

Just subsitute Beer for the Coke, add a few grandkids running around and you got my life!
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2005, 01:27 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Well Damn...

I started reading this and then got up to get a drink.

Noticed that I needed to go to the bathroom. So I did.

Came back to read the rest but couldn't find my glasses and was out of cigarettes, I keep my cigarettes in the work truck and there are several pairs of extra reading glasses in there.

Went out to the work truck, got a full pack, forgot the glasses, came back and still couldn't read your post.

Spent the next several minutes finding the drink that I had just made, but still can't find one of the dozen pairs of reading glasses that I keep everywhere.

And yes now I have to go to the bathroom again, job completed (good thing I don't need to see to acomplish that).

Back to the computer. Where's that drink I just made? Where's the pair of reading glasses that I keep at the computer?

Oh heck with it... I'll just kick back and have a cigarette, but I can't find a lighter. I keep about six lighters around at all times, can't find one at the moment.

Get the Grill Lighter and spark one up.... ahhh.

Grab a pair of reading glasses from my breifcase, I'm ready now. But where's my drink? And I have to go to the bathroom again!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Dale
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2005, 01:56 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Glad I am not there yet,,,, I amaze people that I can remember where the tool I laid down in the shop and did not put away was a week after I last used it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode