Breaks Leaking - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-02-1999, 10:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Breaks Leaking

It looks like my rear driver side break is leaking[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. I had a mechanic bleed them for me and I think he might have broken the bleeder screw. Damn mechanics[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img], they break more then they fix, the only thing they do very well is write up the bill[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]. Anyway, sorry for the tirade. I looked under the break fluid reservoir for the master cylinder and there isn't one[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. The break lines go from the reservoir to the drums (I haven't looked under the cab yet so it may be there). It might have had work done on it before I bought it. Any words of wisdom before I get into this over the weekend?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Thanks[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

'83 CJ7 258 i6 31x10.5 3in. lift?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-03-1999, 07:04 AM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Breaks Leaking

Check the hoses too! they can crack and leak when worked on. Inside the wheel drum is a cylinder for the brakes too - the seals on it can go bad and it would need to be replaced. Rear drum brakes are easy to work on - most parts stores have rebuild kits to replace the wornout parts. Also, just a simple check before you start . . . is the bleeder valve closed all the way?

Keep on Jeepin'
Scott
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-03-1999, 10:52 AM
Addict

Re: Breaks Leaking

why did the mechanic have to bleed the system? if the bleeder screw is broken(take a look, it is visible from outside) bring it back to the garage in question and tell them to fix it.

just as an aside, if these people did let your jeep out of their shop with a bleeder screw broken(presumably by them), i would never go back to that garage as that is just plain dangerous.

<font color=white> jimbo</font color=white>

<font color=green>'74 CJ5,232 I6,T15,Dana 30&44</font color=green>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode