MC 2100 Need some help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 04:18 AM
muddave

MC 2100 Need some help

The carb i got is Remanufactured Holley #5071 (5074). Looking at the front of the carb. I have the gas inlet,small vac. line lower right, a small vac. on the top of the fuel bowel with a little springie tip, Motor side small vac. line lower left,Rear of carb. a small vac. line med left side, and a small vac. line going up to the top plate. I donot see a hook up for the PVC valve Do i need this or not?. Any with this wood be great Thanks David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 09:06 AM

Re: MC 2100 Need some help

You really should have the PCV hooked up. Without it the engine will sludge up much more readily, and you should at least double your oil change frequency.

You have two obvious choices. You could make a spacer plate with a hose barb of the appropriate size, or drill a hole in the manifold and put a hose barb in it. A press-in barb is all you need; you don't have to tap the hole and use a screw-in fitting.

Or take the carb back where you got it and get one with the PCV fitting already in it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 12:54 PM

The PCV tube on Ford V8's with Autolite carbs was generally on a spacer block that bolted between the carb & manifold. These blocks were roughly 5/8" thick and came in 2V or 4V flavors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 06:35 PM
muddave

Thanks for the help. There was a plug on the manifold right above the EGR valve so I removed this and replaced it with a screw-in adapter. I ran a line from that to the PVC valve. Will this work?
Also, my old fuel filter had one line in and two going out, however, the new fuel filter that I bought for the motorcraft carb has one line in and only one line out. How do I resolve this?
Again, thank you for any help.
David
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 08:13 PM
hecubus

I just did the same install, as for the old fuel filter with the return line & the new inline one I just used both (didn't see any harm in double filtering the fuel)...plus I recently replaced the fuel pump so i don't worry about pressure
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 11:16 AM

That port in the manifold will work fine for the PCV, as long as it's big enough.

If you're talking about in-line filters in both cases, use the dual-outlet one. The "vapor return" outlet allows some fuel to return to the tank. The constant flow of cool gasoline from the tank helps prevent vapor lock when under-hood temperatures are high and gasoline useage is low; when idling the engine in hot weather, for example.

I ran my Jeep for years without the return line and never had a problem, but it's cheap insurance. When I did the restoration I put the return line back.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 06:05 AM
muddave

I still have more Qustions? Can somebody send me some pic's of the new linkage I have to make. And my jeep is a auto do I need to hook up the kinkdown linkage? If so can some one send a pic or drawing so i can understand how to do it. Thanks for everyone's help David
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 08:58 PM
hecubus

with the mc2100 & an auto I believe you *have* to use a 'pull-down' setup (not sure why) I have a 4-speed & used the original equipment (pull-down style) by just making a link between the original pivot ball on the bottom linkage to the screw hole on the new linkage (if you look at it from the driver's side fender its the small screw hole on the carb linkage furthest to the right, plus I had to bend it outwards about 1/8th of an inch so it would clear

ed: note, the pivot ball I'm writting about was used in the original set up, it ran from the cam below the carb up to the trottle linkage on the carb itself however your setup may be different as I was starting from a weber carb not the carter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode