OT MY HOUSE!!! .....mine all mine.......not yours - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

OT MY HOUSE!!! .....mine all mine.......not yours

I've posted about buying houses here.....so im sharing the results of your advices and all that

Heres some pics of my house

just a few weeks till closing, the guy is moved out now....need to finish up some FHA stuff and its good to move in...yay!

Garage is 1.5 deep, but i can fit the toyota and the jeep end to end in it...so i can pretend its a 4 car garage!

the yard is 2 acres.....80ftx1150ft or so......so really freak'n deep and narrow.....its got a BIG hill.......about 1 acres is woods....starts at the tree line in the pic. of the yard.....VERY STEEP in some parts.....i'm going to drive my jeep on them in the wooded part...because i can!!!! the limits of the yard (widthwise) is the fence on the left in the pic to just behind the little steel shed about midway up the yard part of the property.....to give you an idea how narrow it is

the house was Ultra-cheap because its old and needs some work....but being an unmarried 24 yr old who lived the last 4 years in a fraternity house....i have no standards! bwhahahaha...its actually not that bad and i think i can make it really nice with a little work.

in the back yard in front of the deck thing on the garage, there used to be a pool.....so now its just a big cirlce of sand......so im going to make a nice stone/brick/whatever Firepit for some summer festivities!

it also has a good front porch for hang'n out......

I'm Pumped!

[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: OT MY HOUSE!!! .....mine all mine.......not y

Congrats Greg, the house looks great.....can't wait till the housewarming....lol
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 10:21 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: OT MY HOUSE!!! .....mine all mine.......not yours

Congrats! hmmmm you thought the Jeep was a money pit, but at least it's YOUR'S and what you put into it is as well. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 12:05 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Location: Selma,CA in the middle of the vineyards, Central California

Congrats! Buying a home a great investment. You will probably have the same deal with the bank that most of us have ...... As long as we make the monthly payments, they will let us pay the taxes too.
Oh yea, what is that white stuff on the ground?
[img]images/graemlins/yourock.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 12:12 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Can I play on the swing set?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 12:37 AM
Keyboard Implanted

COOOOOOOL not only does your garage have an attic, but you can walk out of it and sit on the deck for think sessions while your thumb heals and the beer drives the pain away!!! (I think I have been working on the cj a bit to much lately.)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 02:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: OT MY HOUSE!!! .....mine all mine.......not y

Im Jealous......but then again, I don't have to worry about cold weather.....If it gets down for 40, thats a cold snap.....
But still, I would love to have a garage like that.....
Congrats my man.....and at 24?....your ahead of the game.....

A little advice....

Keep every recept of anything you spend on the house....It becomes a tax deduction if you ever sell the house.
1st Tool should be a shop vac with 2" hose.....you will find more uses for it than you can imagine.
Power tools (of the house type)...buy an 18V cordless kit that includes a drill, sawzall, circular saw...etc. You will use these on the house more than you think...and on the jeep.
Permits - Make sure you get them for the items that require it.....the end result is that you will know it is done right and if you ever sell the house, you won't have any hassels.
Take your time....you will have plenty of it.

Enjoy
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 04:35 AM
Keyboard Implanted

looks good.. i like... cant wait to get back so i can start building my hooch.. .

good find greg
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 06:25 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Congrads on the house. I am about the same age as you are, and I respect your drive to own your own home. I hope to make the jump soon. I respect you, and good on you for having your own garage... Man I dislike working in the driveway in the winter....

Congrads again.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 06:31 AM
Can't Get Enough

Very cool, looks like a cool old house and a pretty quiet location, just remember to invite your neighbors over for that first fire pit party and fill 'em full of beer so they will excuse those late night and early morning wrenching sessions with loud air tools, saws and stuff [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode