I need a new Drag link - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I need a new Drag link

The very last piece I need for my front D44 swap is a new drag link. And before I can order on, I have a few questions that I am hoping someone here can help me out with.

The axle is a D44 from a Full size Jeep, The Jeep is a 91 YJ.
I have a high steer arm on the axle that will except a Waggoner Tie Rod end, A right hand thread ES453L, 7/8" 18tpi.
On the other end of the Drag link (attach to Pitman arm) I am wishing to use the stock Rod end from the YJ.

Here is my question. Does anyone know the Size, (diam) and tread count of the stock rod end from a 91 and later. I believe the # is ES3094, and it is left hand thread. That info would really help me out.

Finally, if anyone has had a good experience ordering a custom drag link, and could suggest a Vender, I would be very interested. I thought I had a place picked out, but, they have wronged me, and I am choosing to not use them.

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 09:28 AM

Re: I need a new Drag link

Why not ream out your stock pitman arm for a bigger rod end? The parts store books should have the tre specs in them. I believe posion spyder, spidertrax make custom links, also if you call up the guys at www.ultimate4.com they will make one for you, tell them andy told ya to call, it's a smaller shop with the owner answering the phone most of the time, great service.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Andy,
Thanks for the link, I will give those guys a call as soon as I know exactly what I need. I assume that they would ship...
I tried to parts store for the info I need. All they did was give me the part # (ES3094) I will admit that I didn't go to my fav part house, and they did not let me look in the book.

To tell you the truth, I had not thought about reaming out the hole. That is somthing to think about. I was intending on using my current "end" because it is in good shape, and to save a few $.

I would am still interested in the Dia, and thread count of the stock end...

Also if anyone has an opinion on the strength upgrade and cost of going to a bigger rod end vs the cost savings associated with using what I have got (the one I have is in good working order), I would be intrested in hearing that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 10:27 PM

Here's another good link. Not sure if it's what you're looking for... Parts Mike- TRE Comparison
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Yeah, I have visited the Parts mike page, It seems that the smalles rod ends they deal with are the Full Size Jeep ends, The ES3094 that I am looking for info on, is smaller than that. Once I can find correct info for my existing rod end, I had thought about calling parts Mike for the Drag link. I have seen a lot (A real Lot) of positive feedback on Parts mike on POR...
But I need the correct thread info first.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 11:18 AM

I'm not sure how much a reamer is, i think 50-100. Ultimate will probably know exactly what you need end wise and what's the best option for you, they do lots of things like this. Also look in the book at the parts store, not just the info in the computer. I havn't had to find "odd" tre's yet but i know the brake hose books are pretty good for finding "odd" ones and i'm guessing the tre books will have some more info if you look in the back. When ordering you drag link you'll probably need center to center and if your using your own ends know the distance form the center of the tre end to the middle of the treads.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Thanks for the advise Andy. I will give the guys at Ultimate a call.
And I guess I will go to to parts store "that I like" and see if I can't spend some QT with their Book.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode