Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: O/T Painting outdoors....in Feb/March.....dryi
If you go to Sherwin-Williams or Duron (they are the same company now) they can put an anti-freeze in it, it doesn't work very well though. It is recomended NOT to paint at below 50*. It will go on fine, but, in about a year or so, it will chalk up and look like crap (even semi-gloss). It is best to wait.
If you have to get the FHA stuff done before closing, talk to the FHA rep (or have your real estate person do it) and tell them that you WILL do the work (you may have to promise in writing) but that you want to wait till the weather is more suitable for painting.