O/T Farmer's 4x4 Center in Murphy, NC - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

O/T Farmer\'s 4x4 Center in Murphy, NC

Is anyone familiar with them? Stopped by there today on my way back from Bryson City and there were some good looking built rigs there. Guy has his own fab shop and is working on alot of projects (showed me around). Says he has a cabin at Tellico and has been riding there since his childhood. Seemed cool and honest, and mentioned all the right companies as far as the products he uses, springs, etc. I am going to have him work me up some prices as there is noone local to me and he may be able to beat or meet catalogue prices with shipping. Just wanted to see if anyone was familiar with them. IF all goes well this will be the summer I get to build my jeep FINALLY! [img]images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 07:38 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: O/T Farmer\'s 4x4 Center in Murphy, NC

Talked to him during Dixie Run 2 years ago. Was looking for a Transfer case for Marine02's waggy (yup, Aaron was supposed to be doing this...). He didn't have anything but an Atlas in stock...but seemed to want to help. They do a nice thing for the weekend of DR...they stay open (kinda) 24x7 and will try to get you any part you need. I have not purchased any thing from them...but as you said, seems like nice enough folk.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 08:37 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[ QUOTE ]
Talked to him during Dixie Run 2 years ago. Was looking for a Transfer case for Marine02's waggy (yup, Aaron was supposed to be doing this...). He didn't have anything but an Atlas in stock...but seemed to want to help. They do a nice thing for the weekend of DR...they stay open (kinda) 24x7 and will try to get you any part you need. I have not purchased any thing from them...but as you said, seems like nice enough folk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open???
Diie Run???
NO!!!
We went there looking for that transfer case and they were closed.
He didn't have anything but an Atlas???? We saw the case we needed on the other side of the fence, mated to the tranny Neil wanted. But he was closed!

[img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Keyboard Implanted

He answered his phone...I gave you the #...like I said, he was open...kinda. Now I wonder...he said he had nothing, but you say you saw something in his yard...Dunno? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 06:39 PM
M38

I lived there in the late 80's and early 90's he had a garage in Murphy then.

So at least he's been in business a while.

If your going spend a lot of money, there is a chamber of commerce office right up the road across from the pizza hut

Clint
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 09:48 PM
NOMO OFFROAD

Farmers is a very reputable business. Those guys know their stuff. I have done business with them on parts but since I have a shop I have never let them do any work for me. But I have looked over several rigs that they have built and if I could not do my own work I would definitely let them do something for me.

A word of advice for who ever does your work. Make sure that you and the shop are on the same page as far as the finished product. This is what makes for bad rigs and bad reps. Also understand that asking questons is not a bad thing and if a shop is not willing to explain to you why an idea is bad or good they are not the ones to do business with.......

Mis-comunication is what usually makes people upset with a finished priduct so make sure that you are all talking about the same things. Most shops will ask you what you plan to do with a rig before they start on it to make sure that you are traveling down the right path and not expecting the impossible for the amount of money you are spending.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode