Weber questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-01-1999, 05:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Weber questions

I posted this last week, but with only one response (thanks CJ8George). If anyone knows the answer or even gives a crap, please respond.

Question 1: Which vacuum lines can I remove from the engine compartment?

Question 2: Can I remove the 3 pulse air vacuum solenoids/bracket/tubing and just plug the pulse air tubes to the exhaust and cat converter?

Question 2: I did the Nutter by-pass a few weeks ago and would like to know if I need to reverse the Nutter (re-connect the computer) or just reconnect the dist vac line to manifold vac?

Question 3: Here in Louisiana, the inspectors can't remove any parts when they do their visual. Has anyone rigged a "look alike" set up under the hood to get by the visual and avoid re-installing the Carter? Maybe a "dummy" air cleaner with no bottom placed over the K&N with hoses attached, looking like they are functioning.

Question 4: What other "experience tips" can all you Weber owners offer to avoid the "troubleshooting" page?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-01-1999, 05:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Weber questions

1. Virtually all of them, except of course distributor advance.
2. Yes, exactly what I did.
2 number 2. No reason to reverse the Nutter, keep that darn computer out of the loop.
3. Sounds like a good idea if you can get away with it.
4. See my post reference what cold air does to an open air cleaner on the Emissions made simple post.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-01-1999, 05:48 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: Weber questions

The easiest way to install the weber is to leave every vacuum line conected, except for what you need to remove, which is the old air cleaner lines. My weber passed emissions for 2 straight years here in MA, no hassles, running this way, right from the installation instructions, with the computer still connected, using separate filters for the 2 pulse-air tubes. Keep in mind, the easiest way to install it, is not necessarily the simplest engine configuration, which is to pull out all the vacuum lines, and use just dist. advance. This would likely fail your visual test too...

I feel for you visual inspection guys, as I think the guy will be able to see that there is no huge plug on the back of the carb, even without removing anything. Of course, that implies that he knows what he's looking for. Good luck on that one.

I did the nutter before I went HEI, and it ran like crap after a few weeks. I know some of you guys swear by that, but it didn't work for me.

Pete

88YJ,4"susp,33"BFGMTs,9000#winch, hm swing out TC/HL mount ,258,999,4.10,weber32/36,GMHEI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode