OT Crazy Midwest weather - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

OT Crazy Midwest weather

In the first five days of January we got almost six inches of rain. [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Friday night we got about five inches of snow. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tuesday it was drizzly and foggy all day, at times with visibility down to a quarter mile or less. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Yesterday it was 70, and I worked in the shop with the garage door open. [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img]

Last night we got a couple inches of rain. [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]

Now itís 34 degrees and dropping like an anvil. [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]

Tomorrow and into the weekend the forecast is for HIGHs in the 20s and lows in the teens. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

Want to complain about the weather? No matter what you like to hate, we've got it here. Might have to wait a day, though. [img]images/graemlins/violin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: OT Crazy Midwest weather

heck, sometimes we get all the weather in one day!

i bet weather channel has more viewers in the midwest than other regions....i'd be happy with cold or warm...but not switching back and forth
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 11:16 AM
Way Outta Control

The other day it snowed to beat the band. The drift from the neighbors field found it's way into my 300' driveway... The three feet of drift was a little too much for the garden tractor/snow blade.

Luckily the three kids that were at home were opening up a path for the tractor to start widening the path. The maintenance guy from the town was plowing the roads and saw the kids shoveling. He took that Dump Truck/Snowplow up within about 20' of the kids...."Just to say hello" he said.

Now, ya gotta like a guy like that! Otherwise we'd still be shoveling.

Last night it was 35*F in Colfax and this morning the high will be 19*, and the temp will fall to a high of 8*F or 9*F tomorrow though Sunday. The Alberta Clipper's here! How I'd love to be a Snowbird... sittin' in California watchin' the rain!

It's time to Hunker Down...

Last edited by LEVE; 03-24-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 11:31 AM

We were supposed to have gotten a blizzard last night, but it never came. Thank God. I'm sick of the snow and cold already. It was around -28 celcius this morning and very windy, so I drove my youngest daughter to school. Cruel to let a teenager succomb to their own stupidity and walk to school wearing only a fashionable fall jacket in Winter. Not that she doesn't have a parka and boots, but she'd rather freeze her face off than look like a nerd.

We flew back from the carribean last Sunday and I could see that as we flew over Ohio, there was no snow. Lucky devils. I had no idea that winter snow didn't make it that far. Or do you have some now in Cincinatti?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 12:08 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Its threads like this I appreciate RRich and the California group not participating in. I always look forward to their input, except when weather is the issue. Jealousy might be an issue with me.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 01:10 PM
Enthusiast

Naw. What you're seeing is what just clobbered us. We got POUNDED by that storm for 6 days straight. Things are a mess here, and it's gonna take a long time to clean up from it.

California might be sunny today, but dayum, that was some wild weather we had. We got more rain in 6 days than we normally do in an entire year. In a desert region, that really causes quite a bit of havok. Nobody gets off the hook on this storm, I don't think...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 01:16 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Right. I've been watching reports on the California storms on the evening news for several days running. We've had blizzard and flooding problems, but no mudslides that I'm aware of. [img]images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

We got heavy fog but warm weather, so I took advantage and worked on the Jeep and got the heater blower motor working again. Plus I got to drive it around for the first time in about 6 months. Now I was planning on driving it the nearly 200 miles back to school on Sunday but temps might be a high of 18 with snow from what I heard, so I may postpone bringing the Jeep back another week or so until weather is nicer...in case of mechanical failure.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 06:07 PM

It was 74 degrees today and sunny where i live in South East VA. I drove to school with my doors off, and the back window rolled up. It felt good! I like the warmth but i would like the opportunity to wheel my jeep in the snow, before it gets permanently warm again.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 07:17 PM

and to think with this stupid weathe rmy dumbass is going wheelign in my topless, door less, windowless no heat rig for both saturday and sunday!
my trailer is gonna freeze to the ground again tonight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode