Turtle Totalitarianism - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Turtle Totalitarianism

I heard on the radio yesterday the eco-nazis [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img] won in the So Cal Desert and closed land due to a dwindling Turtle population. I could not find a news clipping on the internet anwhere, though did find ORC's research showed a respiratory disease and predators are decimating the Turtle population, not 4wd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Turtle Totalitarianism

[img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
Monday night 9:15 PM, The lovely Jeep Wife and I have just settled into our sofa for a movie. No lights on in the house, none on in the yard (our driveway is ~200 feet long with 2 right hand turns in it). Upon the door comes a knock-knock-knock-knock-knock-knock, then the door bell, ding-ding-ding. I look at TLJW, she lookes at me...something must be amis at the neighbors...this seems urgent. Then before I can even get to the door, knock-knock-knock-knock. I turn on the light on the porch and in the foyer...2 people on the front porch I don't recognize...No key in the lock, have to go into the kitchen and get my keys. Before I can get my keys and get back to the door (maybe 20 seconds), ding-ding-ding. Open the door, [big smile] "Hi! My name is {Bozo} and this is my friend {she Bozo}, we are with the Sierra Club, we would like to tell you..."

Me- "You banged on my door and rang my door bell a thousand times in the middle of the night to tell me about the f*($ing Sierra Club! IF I had had some lights on in my yard, which you could then have taken as an invite to trespass, you would have MAYBE seen the 2 Jeeps in the driveway and the rolling condo sitting there. (I point behind them, only one turns around, her...the guy turns mostly green) Those Jeeps now have to be taken further and further from my home to wheel them cuz of #sswipes like you two, who think that every wonderfull and wild place on this planet should be off limits. The rolling condo...you all keep closing areas where I can park that thing and go hiking...YOU TWO ARE TAKING AWAY ALL OF THE WONDERFUL PLACES AROUND HERE THAT I LIKE TO VISIT!! I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY WITH YOURSELVES!"

Her: "Uhn...maybe another time???"

Me: "NO, Never! I'm going to count to 3, that's how long I'm gonna give you to get off my property, or I'll consider you as trespassing...ONE..."

They turned around and started down the 3 steps to the walk.

"TWO"

They are now on the un-even flagstone and gravel walk.

"THREE, too late!" I shut the door and turn off all the lights...They have been standing in the light now for a couple of minutes...no night vision...one almost fell in TLJW's little Koi pond...

It was a beautiful thing...
[img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Can't Get Enough

Good on ya Galen! [img]images/graemlins/applause.gif[/img]But I am disappointed there is no video, or even an audio, clip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Keyboard Implanted

web page

I did actually find a shell out in the desert one time. It had a hole in it where ravens obviously killed it.

whats really odd is that they say the turtles will die if they are disturbed and can't get to water... well.. it's been raining here non stop for weeks... more rain then in the past 10 years.. standing water everywhere.
some greenie judge in san fran making desert law...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 02:46 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Galen, that's the funniest story I've read in months! Hope its all true.
[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Way Outta Control

Lomodyj , it was funny yes, but it's also sad at the same time.

It's sad you didn't <ul type="square">[*]Invite them in and[*]Show them your Jeep(s) and[*]How you and[*]Your family[*]Are responsible when you wheel and[*]whip out a pictures of you and your family repairing the land.[/list]
Not every Greenie is stupid, nor closed minded. After I moved back east for a decade I was saddened what I saw there. I don't blame some people from not wanting that same thing to happen in what they considerer the pristine West.

It's always better to make a friend than an enemy.

This was an opportunity missed.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 10:21 AM

I like the story Diane Feinstein had in the papers a couple years ago. She hired a plane to fly over the Chocolate Mts. area around the Mesquite mine. She had gone out to check out the tortoise situation.
So this middle aged woman, from an airplane, reports back that those noctural desert dwellers( you know, the ones that look like rocks) are doing fine. All this in a few passes, what biologists spend years and tons of money on.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Diane Feinstien heard the turtles had guns, and had to check if she needed to propose legislation to stop them from protecting themselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode