Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Gray, Maine. US
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
O/T Mazda 626 idle problem still.
I have a 95 Mazda 626 and have a low rpm rough idle problem for nearly 6 months. It doesn't idle smooth at 800-900 rpm all the time. You can see the tach fluctuate from 800 down to 400. It seems to vary quite often.
Here is what I have tried:
1. I cleaned the throttle body
2. I put on a new air and fuel filter
3. Checked for vacuum leaks
4. A fuel injection additive in the gas tank
5. New spark plugs
1. I notice that sitting at idle I can turn the headlights on and you can see the tach drop 200 rpm.
2. While turning the power steering all of the way it drops the idle.
3. Sometimes I have seen the heater while turned on effect the idle.
All of these things effect the idle in someway.
At this point I can only think something to do with the charging system but I have never had a problem with it starting and if it was a weak alternator I would think that would drain the battery.
Thanks a lot