1/4 elliptical update part duex... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

1/4 elliptical update part duex...

well here is the way it sits now... i have both springs attached to the 14 bolt.. i am waiting on getting the chromo tubing for the 4 link... probably be 2-3 weeks before i get it... im looking at $28 a foot... ugh... damn chinese...
well here is the pic....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Enthusiast

Re: 1/4 elliptical update part duex...

Looks good, but I dont think those welds will hold worth s*^t, Does Dan know what your doing with his products? He may decide never to sell you anything again.

[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Keyboard Implanted

yikes Pat, those springs are suppose to be on the bottom of the frame!!! Don't you know any better than that? Those will never hold.
What are you welding with????? Two half dead batteries and a coat hanger??? How are you going to get your truck started when you realize that thing will never be done???

[img]images/graemlins/neener.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/spam4.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img] [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/deal.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/applause.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/gituar.gif[/img] :All Good: [img]images/graemlins/usflag.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/yourock.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/spam4.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/violin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bow.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/30.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/codger.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/owned1.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bag.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/headspin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/neener.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/warning.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/sleep2.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

nice showcase of the current smiley fortey'...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 07:30 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Wow, that D300 is Flat. You are going to have some wicked cleance under that Jeep.
I am enjoing your build up,
Do you have plans for addidional support where the springs meet the frame? It seems like that may be in order?
Keep the updates coming.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

yes.. there will be more support there.. i am tying in the roll cage there.. and some cross members for the 4 link... and the bottom of the frame will be completely flat.. nothing under it... [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ok.. i did a aaron drawing of what its gonna look like.. somewhat.. the blue cross brace is about 6" forward of the gray rollcage brace... and its just behind the transfer case... so i can still get it out.. since i am welding the blue cross brace in... the skid plate will bolt to it... that way i wont have to mess with the suspension to get at the drivetrain... and vice versa... (the skid plate will be in two pieces.. one covering the transfer case.. one for the tranny.. and it bolts to the tranny skid plate...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 08:51 PM
Keyboard Implanted

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 09:25 PM
Keyboard Implanted

anyone want to explain this whole blah blah blah thing that you guys keep doing.....im feeling left out of the inside joke...

or is it just as simple as pat talking too much ?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Official Historian

Yup, just talking about what he is going to do and not getting around to it.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 05:37 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

ya.. i got it from a movie or something.. i cant remember... and i used to tell theses guys... when they got babbling.. "all i hear is, blah blah.. im a dirty whore... blah blah blah".... so now that aaron has discovered that his computer has paint... he's turned it around on me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode