Off Roading Forums banner

TJ soft top question. Trying to help my sister.

762 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  WHTTRASH 
#1 ·
My sister has a 97' TJ. She went to put her soft top back on and couldn't find the bar that goes across the bottom of the back window. Here's my questions "Old Leve style":

1. What is this bar called?
2. Where can she pick one up for less $ than the dealer wants?

Thanks for the help

P.S. She would kill me for posting this pic., but she deserves a little embaresment for loosing the bar.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: TJ soft top question. Trying to help my sister

(I can't make this sound any different)

Do you mean she went to the trouble of pulling this item off the rear window to store the soft top ...and then forgot where she put it??

btw-what's wrong with the pic
looks just fine to me

#6 ·
Yes, that is the bar I am talking about. It attatches the rear window to the rear of the vehicle, just above the tailgate.

I have no idea how she lost it.

PS: She does have a boyfriend, but he doesn't like to wheel, so we'll se how long that lasts.

#7 ·
the cheapest place i could think of is going to be a junk yard or call Best Top and see if they sell that piece.....better yet go to Jeeps Unlimited web site and post on the wrangler/tj/wanted to buy section and post there.....ther are guys that dont run a soft top anymore and might have that stuff laying around to get rid of.......

well keep me inmind if she dumps the non-wheeling BF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.