Join Date: Sep 2002
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: TF999 woes/gettin\' hot
1) Pump could be bad (not circulating fluid).
2) There could be a blockage, causing the fluid to not circulate.
3) You could have something broken or damaged inside.
4) Water in the tranny (fluid would be milky and you need to drain a little to see this, won't show on the dipstick)
- When it got hot (or just before) did the transmission act any different (slipping, noises)?
- What were you doing just before this happened (water, mud, high revving, etc)? Did you JUST install the cooler before this happened? If yes, that is telling something.
Just a note, temperatures that high can and will kill a tranny in minutes. If you installed the cooler, then this problem happened, I would suspect a blockage in the cooler. Remove the cooler out of the loop (I know it's a pain) and see if the problem goes away. If it does, bad cooler.