Join Date: Oct 2001
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rubicon vs. CJ (Weekend reveiw)
Well, I receive my Rubicon on Friday, and have had a chance to play around a bit, and get some good highway miles on it. Now here's what I think.. I reallly love my CJ.. Infact all said and done, I prefer my beat up old CJ more than the rand new shiney Rubi.. Here is my comparison..
- Interior is nicer on the TJ, but roomier on the CJ. I tend to punch the dash whenever I reach for something without looking.. I just expect it to be further away..
- The visibility on the CJ is better.. First off it’s lifted higher, and also because I don’t have high-back seats, and the extra roll bars / door surrounds in the way.
- I have yet to take off the doors ‘cause I have no idea where to put them. I am now terrified that my $35,000 vehicle is going to get scratched!!! With the CJ, if I had to, I threw the doors in the back, and just tossed them in the garage when I got home.
- I cannot easily drop the windshield, due to the roll bars now tying into it..
- I don’t have to worry about whether my vehicle is going to start, or make it to its destinations..
- No more wondering when that last time I filled up on as was ‘cause the gauge doesn’t work.
- No more pressing on the fuses to get my headlights to come on about once a month.
- No more replacing every ground in a system that doesn’t work, until it does work.
- No more spending the extra $750 bucks on whatever I want after all repairs are done to the CJ.
- No more parking on the road so as to keep the oils puddles in peoples driveways down to a minimum.
- No more parking the jeep, and not worrying about it at all. From the looks of the CJ, most people wouldn’t want to steal it, nor would they get very far even if they did try..
- No more power washing the entire inside of the Jeep out on a bi monthly basis to get rid of the excess mud / dust / everything else that is in it.
- More people notice the CJ in general, but I get more comments on the TJ (mostly at work). Of course you are lucky to see a vehicle more than a few years old in the parking lot here..
When I decided on another Jeep, people told me that it would over shadow my CJ. I think they were wrong.. It is great having a reliable vehicle, but this has given me even more resolve return the CJ to its former glory..
But these are just my observations..