Heated seats? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Official Curmudgeon

Heated seats?

Anybody running Bestop Trailmax Thermal Pro heated seats? My Steel Horse seats finally gave out, small tear in the bolster against the door where I slide in. I'm thinking about replacing them with the heated ones. Wondering if anybody has them and what their opinion is of them. I'd be buying the full vinyl. I run a bikini and soft upper doors all summer and it gets wet inside so cloth won't work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 07:55 PM

Re: Heated seats?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Anybody running Bestop Trailmax Thermal Pro heated seats

[/ QUOTE ]

Taz
The heated seats work just about as effectively out here as do the heated mirrors,,, [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] With the AZ heat they loose their effectivness real fast [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Hmmmmmm,, air conditioned seats. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Now thats a thought [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 09:30 PM
Journeyman

I have to be honest, a couple of winters a go I was glad to have some heated mirrors on my dodge. The snow was coming something fierce and caking on them pretty good. Maybe I shouldn't have been driving in reverse? But then again, that was once in how long?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 12:01 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I used to think the heated seats were a bit of a joke, that is until I tried them out in my friends rig after a cold day of hunting. How nice they felt on my poor old back. I think it may be a nice idea for the already cold CJ. I still think the heater upgrade is one of my favorite upgrades. If you decide to try them out let us know how you like them.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 12:33 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Heated seats?

I can't think of anything that will get my attention more quickly.... I just don't like it.

OK.... maybe if it's -20 or something and I went out to fire it up let it warm up for a few.... but no... it's just not a good feeling after that.

The wife's GTP has heated seats and she leaves it on in the winter... several times I have damn near jumped out a couple of blocks from the house.

Sorry, just not a place that I need to set on FIRE!!

You know that it's either ON or Off... but if it had a temp control and a blanky maybe it might work for a nice nap at the North Pole!

Dale
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 08:13 AM

Heated seats for a Jeep seem kinda wussy, but using it as a DD in KC, they make sense BECAUSE it's a Jeep. Let us know how they work if you go for them.

FYI, I had both seats recovered with new vinyl for a little over a hundred bucks.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 09:58 AM
Veteran

Call them wussy or whatever. I have them in my <nobr>jeep</nobr>, and I like them. Rick got them for me for Valentines day. They were really nice for the runs in the winter, and are nice to have for cold evening drives back from the trail this summer (we never really got much of a summer around here so far it seems)... The little indicator thinggy is actuallly on the seat below your butt, which - I would rather be able to mount them elsewhere so you could see them without staring at your crotch... other than that.. we didn have too much trouble with them except that we put them on the circuit with the KC's and it blew the fuse at one time.. but that is all fixed.

here is a pix

PS.. I was at the 4wd hardward jamboree in July, the bestop giveaway jeep was there &amp; just had the regular pro-max seats, I asked the girl why they didnt have the thermals, she said they couldnt keep them in stock..

-Mel

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 10:11 AM
Way Outta Control

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Heated seats for a Jeep seem kinda wussy, but using it as a DD in KC, they make sense BECAUSE it's a Jeep. Let us know how they work if you go for them.

FYI, I had both seats recovered with new vinyl for a little over a hundred bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
1. Hey Jim, a warm Tusche,
2. Is a Happy Tusche!
3. Me, I'd be up to recover them,
4. And start robbing heating units,
5. Out of Volvo's Fiero's, Cherokees, etc...
6. Drive down the project price,
7. Up the quality,
8. But... it's not my Jeep...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Pooh-Bah

Check the junkyards for older 300zx's. I had them in leather in an old show car, but they would work very well in a Jeep. Easy 2 wire hookup. and they will keep your butt toasty warm.
Mine ran about $60 a pair, but it depends on the junkyard.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 11:04 AM
Can't Get Enough

Heated seats for yer Jeep, huh?

Might want to try my method: provides for a <font color="red"> HOT </font color> tush... [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] and makes yer grub taste better too [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]:

Better make sure they use high temp vinyl when recovering your seats though.... [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img]

[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode