The Cliffs November 27th & 28th - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

The Cliffs November 27th & 28th

I just got back from the cliffs offroad park in Marseilles IL and i think a run saturday the 27th of november would be fun (it's the weekend after thanks giving). It kicks major butt and was a blast. Lots of fun trails though the woods and some i dind't even touch because they were too crazy for my time bomb. Lots of muddy hills,revines, and real tight trees, not for the real faint of heart. If you have some guts i wouldn't be afraid to take a stocker out there but there's a good chance of body damage (both swb jeeps that were out dented fenders) and tow hooks are manditory (every one got pulled/ winched out a couple times). Here's the cliffs web page [url=http://www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com
[/url] Who wants to go? I would say we camp though it will probably be pretty chilly so if anybody wants to crash at my house (2 hours north of the cliffs about) we could probably find some where for you to sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 05:47 PM

Re: The Cliffs November 27th

im up for it.
so andy, what trails did ya run?
dug, cooter, brandon, paul and I played around on 10 last weekend some.
andy, stay off of 9 and 12!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 07:43 PM
Can't Get Enough

Cool!!!!
[img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
More pictures!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 08:50 PM

Here's a couple from #9 a while back..

...and a clue as to what it may look like the WE after Thanksgiving-

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

We ran 1, 2, and little bits of other ones (was out there with a tj on 33's and xj on 31's, i had the only winch so we didn't go crazy). I did winch sky high, his brother, and a random cj out of a black trail that they got way over thier heads in (the short guy with kinda long hair that works there was there when we were pulling them out and could probably tell you which trail it was and how dumb they were for going on that trail). I definetly stayed out of the black trails and probably won't go in them till i get some boggers and am with a group of people that are set up to run them.

The park is really cool and the people that work their are nice and friendly. A guy with a white yj on 38" boggers and a guy with a yj on baja claws were out their cutting trails and were a big hand on the trails.

Some one else besides zach has to want to go I don't think he could put up with me all day.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 06:02 PM

The guy in the white Jeep would be Tiny. (I bet you could guess that) The guy in the green YJ on Claws would be Stoopid. (Really)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Tiny and Stoopid were both good guys and very helpful. After doing a little thinking i would be down for going the 27th and 28th both days maybe finding some where to camp down there for the night. Only thing is i would have to leave the cliffs around 3 or 4 to make the 7 1/2 hour tow back to school.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 11:32 PM

Yeah, they are from the MORE boards...

They spent a lot of time on foot cutting trails out there in the dead of winter. (While some of use were able drive up while cutting, destroying our rigs, but at least our feet were warm)

Honestly, that whole group is great, and the'd help anyone out, at any time. Were you down there with Tony from Firewalker? He sent an email saying he was out the same weekend.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Yeah i was out with tony and a kid i go to school with. He was driving a white xj on 31" mall terrains and trashed it out there (dented the doors pretty good, killed a tail light, pass side door window, bumper cap and a ton more dings, he can't drive very well). The place is pretty cool though wasn't very busy for a nice saturday. There's a lot of potential there for an awsome park I hope it stays in business.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2004, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Ok who else wants to go. It's a pretty cool place and i don't mind sticking to easier trails if that's what everybody wants to run. Just be wear that you could much a fender if your not careful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode